This position plays a key role in developing and executing strategic, upper & mid-funnel marketing programs to enhance the overall equity of the Scotiabank brand and to support the revenue and share goals of Canadian BankingRetail.
With a focus on sponsorship, philanthropy and some business lines, the role will work closely with key internal stakeholders and external partners to create unique content, national marketing campaigns, launch new products and / or break into new markets.
The successful candidate will create actionable marketing strategies that align with business and customer needs. Strong digital marketing knowledge and project management skills are required.
1. Brand & Content Planning and Execution
- Be a champion for content excellence and play a key role in evolving the stories we tell and how we share them, including video, directed content, customer stories, editorial, and advertising – for all mediums, including digital, social, and off-line
- Keep a pulse on all competitive activity and emerging marketing trends for brand, sponsorship and content marketing, bringing forth new content and advertising ideas and fresh angles for recurring financial stories and messages.
- Beginning with customer insights, research and previous campaign learnings, provide input into marketing plans, proactively make strategic recommendations and obtain buy-in from key stakeholders.
- For assigned initiatives, lead collaborative planning and execution processes with marketing partners in Media, Digital, Social, Direct, Research, Marketing Services, Marketing Channels and Local Area Marketing/Employee Engagement to ensure marketing programs are fully integrated.
- Drive upfront measurement and reporting discussions for established objectives to ensure right KPI measurement in place, strengthening our measurement discipline and strategic recommendations on future campaigns and initiatives to improve campaign ROI.
- Lead post analysis for campaigns and initiatives by summarizing results, distilling insights and making recommendations that inform future initiatives – presenting relevant learnings and results across marketing.
- Flawlessly execute in all channels, ensuring messaging, content and creative is impactful, effective and adheres to brand standards, and appropriate approvals have been obtained, including business lines (BLs), Legal and any applicable partners.
- Liaise with Digital Factory to ensure campaign connectivity with digital acquisition activity.
- Drive new ways to work and run interaction model experiments with the goal of achieving speed to market.
2. Partner Relationship Management
- Develop strong, collaborative working relationships marketing colleagues, agencies and other key internal partners.
- Integrate into the Digital Factory model seamlessly when necessary, with the ability to shift between waterfall and agile methods of work delivery.
- Provide leadership and work effectively within a cross-functional team environment that includes many reporting levels and varying skills/competencies.
- Be seen as a trusted advisor and a marketing subject matter expert.
- Proactively share best practices and learning with peers and partners.
3. Customer Focused Marketing Programs
- Act as the “voice of the customer” and ensure key consumer insights / needs are being considered.
- Recommend market research where necessary to ensure marketing programs are relevant and consistent with customer and Bank needs.
- Leverage best practices, competitive reviews, research insights and media habits to build knowledge for our business lines and increase effectiveness for plans.
- Support the advancement of the Customer Value Proposition through effective marketing and internal communications.
4. Project Management
- Effectively manage multiple projects of vast scope, strategic impact and complexity and deliver projects on strategy, on time, on budget.
5. Budget Management and Reporting
- Manage marketing budget, track expenses, and provide monthly updates for re-forecasting.
- Review, evaluate and dig into estimates to ensure most cost efficient and optimal estimates for initiatives.
- Optimize effective use of agency and studio relationships for cost reductions.
- Provide fulsome campaignreporting with completion of post-analysis results for all campaigns and initiatives in a timely manner.
- Leverage reporting tools to monitor campaigns on an ongoing basis and optimize when required.
6. Leadership & People Management
- Empower teams to move and learn fast.
- Drive better performance through continuous, candid feedback.
- Be personally invested in your team’s future career path.
- Recognize and celebrate success.
- Sound knowledge of marketing disciplines with experience in Marketing Planning, Communications, Campaign Management and content creation.
- Strong communication skills combined with strong relationship-building abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills that facilitate a positive and effective team environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- People management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in financial services industry, including working in or with brand, sponsorship or content marketing groups.
Post-secondary education in a related field.
Minimum 8years of experience in Marketing.
Requisition ID: 20817