The Sr. Brand Activation Manager is accountable for bringing brand to life across key customer communication touch points, managing the consumer promotion efforts and managing the integrated planning process. Brand Activation Managers contribute on new product launches and integrated brand activation plans, sometimes with the assistance of direct reports. Lead the planning, organization, development and execution of all POS programs along with the implementation of shelf management programs with display and point of sale materials. Assure product placement in a rewarding buying experience, especially during active promotional periods, with adequate product support materials and engaging initiatives.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Recommendas clear objectives for brand communication and a vision for short and long term success.
- Develop the regional brand activation strategy including pan-regional programs, product communication at shelf and strategies designed to covert the shopper.
- Executes marketing plans based on global/regional strategies for the upcoming year.
- Recommend and track key A&P (Consumer & Trade Promotions) budget.
- Familiar with test and learn opportunities within communication vehicles to find leverage points for scale and impact.
Agency / Supplier Management
- Assigns projects to agency partners, using clear and effective creative briefs.
- Coordinates and participates in agency and internal reviews. Financial management
- Compltes ROI analysis on projects and recommends changes to strategy as needed.
- Activates brand activities in accordance with the brand identity and guidelines process, such as consumer promotions materials, POP, public relations, email, social media, etc.
- Ensures marketing communications and marketing adaptations are on-strategy and consistent.
- Supervise any communication adaptation for products and brand within the LATAM t region / territory.
- Uses POS Data, Shopper insights and pricing research to develop and optimize activation plans.
- Tracks and ensures activation activity is aligned to objectives, takes corrective action when necessary by partnering with Sales, Activation and Trade teams to create activation activity within the region.
Trade Marketing / Category
- Work closely with Trade / Category Managers to identifies key promotional windows based on target consumer behavior and recommends promotion depth and frequency guidelines.
- Execute promotional events & package at major key accounts, build partnerships with complementary brands.
Integrated Marketing Plan and Execution
- Works closely with the Director, Brand Activation to provide input to the integrated marketing plan that meets the annual marketing objectives within the appropriate budget parameters.
- Collaborates with the Director, Brand Activation to manage the overall integrated marketing planning process to ensure plans and supporting creative are developed to support overall planning calendar.
- Contributes to best practices in the industry through networking internally and externally and keeping up with industry best practices.
- Works closely with the Director, Brand Activation and local Brand Activation managers to develop a full year promotional calendar to meet brand and portfolio priorities.
- Sets clear and measurable goals for promotion objectives and tactics.
- Supervise the implementation of local in-store initiatives to include displays, signage and appropriate pre/post shop digital tie-ins
Project and Process Management
- Manages the overall brand activation process and identifies areas for improvement.
- Works with marketing to forecast and prioritize initiatives and reviews and validates marketing requests based on priorities.
- Facilitates collaboration and communication across all stakeholders
- Sets clear objectives and prioritizes initiatives for self and team.
- Assigns clear projects and tasks to direct reports and coaches and develops their skills. Performs semi-annual performance reviews for team members.
- Collaborates with brand development, brand activation & trade marketing peers to share marketing best practices
- Works collaboratively with the finance, activation and trade/category teams to maintain within the allotted year spend.
- Manage overarching budget planning for shopper and consumer promotional campaigns.
- Four-year College/University degree. MBA Preferred
- 8-10+ years of marketing and/or general management work experience.
- Has worked on a business with global or international exposure.
- Spanish language (excellent writing) is a must. Portuguese is a plus.
- Up to 20% international travel required.
- Marketing agency experience is required.
- Digital / social media experience.
- Translating marketing objectives into strategies and plans. Proven success in executing a comprehensive marketing plan that is integrated across multiple consumer touch points, including at point-of-purchase.
- Successfully launched new products from concept stage through commercialization and in-market success.
- Strong executional background
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Demonstrated success working in a matrix environment (global-regional-local relationship).
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Proven ability to work on and lead a cross-functional team.