We are seeking a Senior Manager, Big Data Management Platforms to be accountable for the design, build, and management of modern engineered information management platforms that support analytics and value creation for the enterprise. These platforms collect, organize, enrich and enable the organization’s rich data assets to be used to maximum value and benefit to the organization. These platforms also serve as the foundation of the product commercialization effort in service to our external partners and customer base. These platforms leverage cloud computing, big data, and NoSQL technologies with elasticity, scalability, security and containerization built?in. Designs and builds a high?performing team of engineers and system administrators. Defines standard build and deployment processes. Sets a fast pace and a focuses on regular delivery. Seeks simple solutions to complex problems through use of modern and emerging methods and tools. Ensures that platforms meet requirements for internal adoption and can be rapidly deployed to external customers as revenue generating services. Ensures that platforms conform to all security, compliance and privacy requirements. Plays a lead role in cross functional initiatives and is a recognized technology leader across the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stays abreast of emerging technologies, open source projects, and relevant startups in the field.
- Building custom engineered processes that are fault?tolerant, self?healing, resilient and secure.
- Be an expert in cloud computing, hybrid cloud, virtualization, elasticity, abstraction and containers.
- Experience managing data security processes; ability to partner with security, enterprise risk, and legal teams.
- Be fluent in DevOps, Agile, and continuous integration.
- Cultivate and manage effective relationships with technology vendors and service providers; play a central role in RFP, POC and purchase negotiation processes.
- Recruit, onboard, motivate and retain a top?flight technology team.
- Proven track record of managing platform stacks that rely on support from multiple IT teams; manage on?call support processes.
- Data warehousing, big data, enterprise search, business intelligence and analytics.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or similar field.
- 8 years in technology roles.
- 3 years in technology management roles.
- Cloud computing, Linux, Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Hbase, Kudu and NoSQL platforms in general; Apache Solr and Lucene.
- Java, Scala, C#, Python, shell scripting and/or similar languages.
- Relational database platforms, database design, and SQL.
- APIs, JSON, REST and other relevant W3C open standards.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s Degree.
- Experience in commercial product development, cloud services or management consulting a plus.