- Partner with the product R&D/NPD teams to translate product requirements to the balloon component level.
- Provide direction and guidance for the design and characterization of new balloon concepts.
- Promote knowledge sharing within the team and across teams/functions; actively acknowledge good work.
- Develop, communicate, and execute the strategy for the technical team to solve complex technical issues.
- Partner with commercial manufacturing sites to develop new process technology.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Polymer Science or other relevant engineering/technical degree with a minimum of 10 years' experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in polymer product development, balloon blow molding experience strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a technical management role.
- Proven successful project leadership skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making.
- Ability to foresee and manage risks within current projects and/or technology.
- Experience developing strategy for and executing process validations (IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives.
- Ability to influence cross-functional partners, business units, and/or sites.
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization.
- Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment.