Senior Manager, AWS Engineering
Less than 5 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Capital One has a history of disrupting, and we are doing it again. We’re experimenting, innovating, and delivering really cool stuff to 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, to ask, “What if?” Oh, and we love to write code.
This position is for a dynamic and strategic leader who can join teams that are already performing, and start making a difference from day one. In this role as a Senior Manager, you will provide technology leadership, guiding architectural and design decisions. You must be able to provide career coaching and support for team members to develop their technical, business and interpersonal professional skills. You’ll be able to identify and remove impediments, while successfully driving towards key initiatives. Building and maintaining strong relationships, earning and maintaining confidence with both customers and business leaders are critically important responsibilities. A clear and crisp communication style will establish realistic expectations for all stakeholders.
As an Engineering Manager, you will provide technical guidance and leadership to the Agile teams while being hands on in Site Reliability Engineering work as needed. Removing technical impediments, designing the platform/application implementations with cutting edge technologies and leading a successful team are core parts of responsibilities. This position requires working in fast paced environment which needs realigning priorities and changing strategies for successful implementation of business requirements.
• Execution – Deliver on-time with high bar of quality our engineering solutions
• Must be able to work and influence a large number of cross functional teams
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and learn from other members of the engineering community
• Experience in driving new tools and processes to agile teams
• Proven expertise in adopting innovation at workplace
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Have a growth mindset with the ability to adopt new practices and spearhead adoption
• Proficiency with standard ITIL processes, including Change, Incident, and Release management
Position Provides Exposure to:
• DevOps/Platforms: Amazon Web Service (S3, RDS, EC2, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, etc), Chef, Docker, Ansible
• Automation Testing: Selenium, Cucumber, ATDD, Protractor, Karma, Automated Performance and Regression/Functional Testing
• CI/CD: Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory
• Build/SCM Tools: Maven, Gradle, Grunt, Gulp, Git, NPM
• DB/Data Platforms: Kafka, Storm, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spring XD/Spring Batch
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
- At least 3 years' experience developing applications embracing Agile principles
- At least 5 years' with large-scale infrastructure designs, implementation, and support
- At least 3 years' experience with Cloud based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2/S3, Azure, Google Cloud)
- At least 1-2 years of experience working on UNIX/LINUX platforms
- At least 1-2 years of experience with UNIX scripting (ksh) or perl
- Active AWS certification
- Manage AWS resource stack (EC2, ELB) via CloudFormation
- Strong in Ansible and scriptinglanguages (Shell and Python at minimum)
- Strong in both Linux and Windows environments
- S3 bucket administration (ACLs, policies, LifeCycle, replication)
- Manage Security Groups for EC2 instances, knowledge of IGW, routes, and ACLs
- Working knowledge of modern application monitoring tools (New Relic, Splunk, Elk, etc.)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.