At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Associate Relations---Investigations Team Lead
Are you looking for a role leading a team of associates focused on consulting with the business to assist in problem solving? Do you like to have strategic impact and work cross functionally in a dynamic environment? Our HR Associate Relations team is looking for someone who is motivated, willing to take on new and challenging opportunities, and take initiative to make our most important asset - our people - work smoothly.
The Senior Manager, Associate Relations – Investigations Team Lead position leads a team of associates who investigate all types of employment complaints and provides proactive recommendations to HR business partners and business leaders on employee relations issues. The Investigations Team Lead will also support escalated investigations as needed.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Lead a team of Investigators acting as a coach and subject matter expert
- Review all investigation cases to ensure all allegations have been addressed and they are conducted and documented in a thorough and objective manner
- Guide Investigators throughout the investigative process, providing coaching and sharing of best practices. As needed, coach Investigators on areas for improvement
- Complete formal Quality Assurance audits on a monthly basis
- Partner with other Investigation Team Leads to ensure investigation methodologies are applied consistently across lines of business
- Consistently look for ways to enhance investigation techniques based on the developments in employment law trends
- Investigate and resolve all types of employment complaints, including harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour issues, interpersonal conflict, wrongful termination, etc.
- Partner with other departments such as Legal, Ethics & Investigations, and Security to ensure legal and regulatory compliance while identifying solutions
- Thoroughly document investigation plans, interviews, summaries and recommendations in a timely, high-quality manner
- Review departmental case data to identify trends and recommend action plans for business units to implement
- Partner with the line of business Human Resources Consultants to ensure consistent employee relations approach and policy application across the enterprise
- Review and provide recommendations on policies and procedures that support the associateexperience
- Tailor and deliver communications in an effective, measured way to help influence the right outcomes with stakeholders and mitigate risk to the company
- Leverage natural curiosity to thoroughly investigate the situation, while using good judgment to analyze evidence and make recommendations
- Act as role model and champion for Capital One values
- Participate in internal projects which improve processes that require partnership with cross functional teams and integrative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of employment law, practices and investigation techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of Human Resources experience
- At least 5 years of client management experience
- At least 3 years of people management experience
- At least 7 years of experience working in a team environment and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- At least 7 years of Human Resources experience, focused on employment investigations
- At least 5 years of people management experience at the exempt level
- SHRM-CP/SCP, PHR/SPHR, or related/similar certifications
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.