About the role:
At Freenome, our goal is to improve patient outcomes by pioneering the next generation of blood tests for early and accurate disease detection using our combined multiomics and machine learning platform. As the Senior Manager or Assistant Director of Protein Development, you will lead a team of development scientists and associates responsible for designing, planning, and conducting development studies for clinical-grade proteomics assays to measure complex, blood-based analytes while working cross-functionally with the Research, Clinical, QC, and Engineering teams.
This role is critical to Freenome’s Proteomics branch of our multiomics platform. This individual is accountable for Protein Development project plans, ensuring company milestones are achieved, providing growth and mentorship to the team, while working under design control.
How you’ll contribute:
- Lead and oversee a technical team of development scientists and associates to populate the product pipeline by developing, optimizing, validating, standardizing, and locking protocols for multi-analyte diagnostic protein based-assays by applying expert knowledge of protein biochemistry and multiplex immunoassays
- Partner with other scientific leaders and executives at Freenome to develop a scientific roadmap and product development strategy.
- Collaborate with the IVD team and clinical laboratory members to transfer protein development protocols into production, including automation, validation experiments, and SOP development.
- Develop an effective approach to managing Protein Development employees, through motivation and mentoring.
What you’ll bring:
- PhD (or equivalent industry experience) in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, chemistry, or a related field.
- 6+ years post-PhD experience proteomics
- 2+ years leading teams of development scientists in industry (preferably within molecular diagnostics building toward an LDT or IVD product)
- Deep technical grasp of proteomics, especially immunoassay platforms
- Ability to forge and lead strong, interdisciplinary teams that perform exceptionally under tight timelines and demonstrate accountability
- Excellent analytical, statistical process control methods and troubleshooting capabilities
- Clear communications skills and ability to lead and work with cross-functional technical teams.
- Proficient knowledge of the biology of human cell-free proteins, cancer biology, and/or immunology.
Freenome has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, our employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.