Tracking Code 193-181
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of seven drug candidates in various stages of development targeting metabolic, ocular and cancer cachexia. The most advanced drug candidate, NGM282 recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). Additional drug candidates are in preclinical development. In 2015, NGM Biopharmaceuticals entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are seeking an experienced professional in the principles of project management with demonstrated ability to manage drug development projects from late stage research to proof of concept. This individual will work closely with the project leader and cross-functional teams to define project strategy, develop integrated project plans, and implement plans to meet business objectives. This position will be accountable for steering drug development teams through corporate goal and budget planning processes. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate, document, and archive project team activities and decisions; act as a primary contact for project team related information.
- Establish and maintain functionally integrated project timelines to enable accurate project, financial and portfolio analyses for business planning processes
- Oversee and prepares project team budget including resources and costs collaborating with Finance and other cross-functional departments.
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes.
- Partner with the team leader to ensure the team achieve and maintains a high-level of sustainable performance, by applying appropriate team management best practices.
- Participate in establishment of project team system guidance, best practices and implementation
- Support new corporate development activities or other initiatives performing tasks as required supporting department, portfolio or corporate needs
A BA or BS degree in the Life Sciences; MS or MBA a plus. The ideal candidate will have greater than 6 years experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, with at least 3-5 years direct project management in drug development. PMP (Project Management Professional) certification or equivalent a plus. At a minimum, the candidate is expected to demonstrate the following:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels within the company, with partners and functional areas. Ability to summarize complex information in to simple concepts for broad communication to project teams as well as for management status reports.
- Knowledge of the drug development process
- Strong proficiency with project management practices, tools, and methodology
- Expertise in developing and managing project scope, deliverables, risks & resources requirements including:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management skills
- Excellent analytical skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues
- Ability to translate strategy into action; strong influence, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Proven track record of good decision making and exercising sound judgment
- Experience using Project Management software to manage complex project timelines and resources.
- Proven ability/expertise to influence internal teams to achieve project goals
- Experience building, managing and articulating comprehensive, complex, cross-functional plans
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint
- Scheduling building, tracking, management, and communication.
- Budget management
- Risk management