About Cognizant Technology Solutions
Cognizant is a leading provider of Information Technology, Consulting, IT Infrastructure, and Business Process Outsourcing services. Cognizant’s single-minded mission is to dedicate our business process and technology innovation know-how, deep industry expertise, and worldwide resources to working together with customers to make their businesses stronger. As a customer-centric, relationship-driven partner, we are redefining the way companies experience and benefit from global services. Our unique delivery model is infused with a distinct culture of high customer satisfaction. Cognizant delivers a trusted partnership, cost reductions and business results. Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500. Cognizant is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.
Cognizant Corporate Security, a key organization within Cognizant, is chartered with managing and directing the global enterprise physical and logical security programs. The Corporate Security organization is responsible for the oversight and coordination of security efforts across the company, including information technology, human resources, communications, legal, facilities management and various other groups, and is responsible for identifying security initiatives and standards.
Corporate Security drives security compliance and serves as the key organization responsible with helping the business appropriately manage securityrisks. Corporate security at Cognizant is also responsible for providing governance and support across Cognizant’s business verticals and horizontals as an overlay service in providing security advisory and governance within select LoB’s across the firm minimizing security exposure for clients as well as the firm.
About Information Risk Management (IRM):
The Information Risk Management (IRM) program encompasses a global team that is responsible for ensuring all securityrisks pertaining to business delivery and Client engagements are managed end to end. The team is a business facing team and engages on a frequent basis with business leaders to identify, analyze and mitigate securityrisks. The team is also the primary touch point between the Corporate Security Group and Business teams, while supporting the business on Client security requirements and compliance.
Job title: Senior Manager / Associate Director - Information Risk Management (IRM) – Corporate Security
Location: Teaneck, NJ / Anywhere in the USA
Job type: Full-time
Experience Level:10 Years
The Information Risk Management (IRM) program encompasses a global team that is responsible for ensuring all securityrisks pertaining to business delivery and Client engagements are managed end to end. The team is a business facing team and engages on a frequent basis with business leaders to identify, analyze and mitigate securityrisks. The team is also the primary touch point between the Corporate Security Group and Business teams, while supporting the Business on Client security requirements and compliance. We are seeking an Information Risk professional, to be part of Corporate Security Group, and play an integral leadership role in the overall development and management of security and risk in a Client specific engagement for the Business Process Services (CMT) line of business (LoB).
· Strong knowledge of privacy laws, standards, rules and regulations.
· Utilize best practice standards such as ISO27001, SOC, NIST, PCI.
· Ensure process adheres to legal & regulatory requirements as applicable to the scope of work.
· Ensure adherence to the Client Contractual Requirements of the Process/ Function.
· Ensure implementation securityarchitecture and strategies in line with the business risk and client expectation on the engagement.
· Facilitate regular assessments to identify comprehensive risks, any non-compliance or contractual breaches and encourage continuous improvements.
· Align and integrate the Information Security strategy for the engagement with the business goals.
· Monitor and evaluate security measures to protect against reasonably anticipated threats or hazards to the privacy, security or integrity of Client sensitive information for the LoB.
· Establish, communicate, and maintain a charter for the security management function for the engagement and CMT LoB.
· Provide consolidated risk dashboard to the management and the business unit leaders.
· Lead and collaborate directly with the Client’s senior management; delivery, practice development and thought leadership related to Information Security solution development, assessment and implementation.
· Demonstrates proven knowledge of system security, controls or information security management environment based on the risks, specifically on the following information security domains:
o SecurityArchitecture and Strategy (Integrated Risk Management).
o Data Leakage Prevention; Focus on Data Flow, Encryption.
o Large Complex Program Execution/Implementation.
o Security Function Design and Governance.
o Incident Management.
· Prepare and implement effective security and compliance training to employees to ensure that any changes in regulations are communicated in a timely manner.
· Develop, maintain security management plan for the engagement and provide periodic updates to the management and business leaders on the compliance.
· Develop and monitor security metrics for the engagement.
· Review security exceptions for the engagement and identify risks.
· Monitor the risk mitigation plans.
· 10+ years of experience in information security, preferably in the BPS Services Sector and outsourcing industry.
· Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or equivalent certification.
· Security certifications desired such as CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC etc.
· In-depth understanding of network and system securitytechnology and practices across all major-computing areas.
· Proficient in providing security advisories, solutions or mitigation approach on the inherent risks.
· Experience in understanding and deploying risk management frameworks.
· Focused personality, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
· Ability to think strategically; work with a sense of urgency and pay attention to detail.
· Ability to present complex solutions and methods to a general community.
· Ability to interact with all levels of management and high-profile individuals.
· Independent thinking, willingness to "step outside the box" and take reasonable, calculated risks.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
· Strong team player that collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources.
· Experience with working on global teams across time zones, cultures and languages.
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Cognizant is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment.