Global Wealth Management Systems is responsible for the development and support of technology platforms for all Scotia Wealth Management business lines, with primary focus on the Canadian market.
Within the Wealth space, the Asset Management Systems team delivers value-add systems solutions for 1832 Asset Management L.P., Institutional Asset Management, International Asset Management and Mutual Funds Portfolio Operations.
Reporting to the Director, Asset Management Systems, the Senior Manager Asset Management Solutions is responsible for working with Product Owners and senior leadership to develop key Asset Management platform initiatives, and manage multi-disciplinary Agile labs of 10+ resources.
This role is based in downtown Toronto, but may require infrequent travel to Wealth Management Caribbean / Latin America (LATAM) locations.
• Manages a team of IT professionals (full-time and contractors) and leads Agile labs to deliver value to the Asset Management business lines. This normally involves rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis, that provide incremental deliverables or Minimum Viable Product (MVP’s) into production.
• Creates and sustains Kanban-based IT delivery plans for the Asset Management business lines.
• Directs team in preparing estimates and business case proposals, monitors progress against planned objectives, participates in financial reviews, and secures consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
• Delivers project MVP’s into production in keeping with agreed-on timelines and budget.
• Manages communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts product MVP’s, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed.
• Builds and maintains a strong working relationship with peers within the business lines and other areas of Information Technology & Solutions (IT&S).
• Contributes to building organizational capability and expertise on Agile adoption, by developing and nurturing strong partnering relationships with Product Owner/Business Sponsor and stakeholders, ensuring the teams enact Agile principles, values and framework, and acting as a champion of Agile methodology.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Must be a strong leader, with excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain co-operation from business and delivery teams.
• Must be a creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with outstanding analytical skills and a strong focus on quality.
• Possess 5- 8years of working experience in the financial services industry, managing large complex projects that have significant IT and operational components
• Possess people-management experience in a technology project environment.
• Possess strong knowledge of financial markets and instruments.
• Possess diplomacy, judgment, and persuasion to secure agreement and co-operation from all stakeholders.
• Possess quick decision-making skills and is self-directed.
• Working experience in implementing and supporting Wealth Management or Asset Managementtechnology systems; experience with SimCorp Dimension, CGI MPower / MSuite and Charles River IMS, or similar platforms, is an asset.
• Working experience leading Agile teams in an asset.
• Working knowledge of Asset Management / Institutional workflows and processes is an asset.
• University or college degree in a related discipline (Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Technology) or equivalent work experience.
• Agile certification / project management certification is an asset.
Requisition ID: 19361