We are currently searching for a Senior Manager in our Property Tax division. The successful candidate will be responsible for client management, highly technical assessment and valuation methodology and case presentation. You will be acutely focused on client communications with the goal of retention, expansion and upselling. You will be expected to persuasively communicate the technical aspects of projects to interested parties including assessors, clients and supervisors (including representing clients at hearings and settlement conferences). You will participate in strategy and execution around sales, marketing, growth, profitability, etc., develop and execute on goals aligned with the objectives of and understand their individual contribution to the success of the service line. You will build the Altus brand, identify and generate new client opportunities and effectively sell our services.
- Analyzing data to determine scope and action plan for project.
- Supervising employees to ensure work performed in accordance with project scope and budget (staffing, process efficiency, assisting with issues).
- Providing technical instruction and training to colleagues (including reviewing work and giving feedback on work product).
- Independently facilitating settlements by attending hearings and/or informal negotiations with jurisdictions.
- Supporting service line business development goals by identifying and pursuing new clients and retaining and expanding revenue from existing clients.
- Participating in execution of service line growth initiatives (new service offerings, sales, marketing, etc.).
- Building the Altus brand through networking, speaking engagements, published articles, webinars, and other knowledge sharing and thought leadership activities.
- Monitoring and improving project profitability.
- Undergraduate degree, ideally in Finance, Economics, Accounting or similar.
- Relevant designation or accreditation is an asset.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Resourceful with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent project management with experience supervising others and extensive service line knowledge in a management capacity.
- Proven client retention or ability to sell.