The primary responsibility of this position is to direct and coordinate all functions related to the Accounts Receivable Department including billing, cash application, account reconciliations and collections for both the International and Domestic portfolios. This position will drive the development of and continually assess and update an organizational AR plan/blueprint to ensure all areas are being managed in order to minimize risks. This position will define roles & responsibilities, set priorities, and effectively communicate so that all team members are clear of their objectives and work towards achieving set goals. This position will develop and implement strategies, process improvements, and automations to improve overall performance and aging.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement an organizational structure and processes that maximize the effectiveness of the AR organization.
- Take a leadership position in identifying and implementing system and process improvements and enhancements, including working with Third Party Billing/Payer Systems.
- Lead effort to continuously improve AR processes with automation.
- Oversight of all billing, cash and account reconciliation transactions; processed accurately and timely.
- Monitor/manage the unapplied cash balances.
- Collaborate and develop strong working relationships with Local International Offices, Domestic Field Staff, Site Administration, and Customers.
- Develop and implement meaningful and timely reporting that provides useful information regarding the status of accounts receivable and highlights areas of importance. Evaluate existing reports and develop a more efficient means of gathering and reporting data.
- Responsible for Month End/Quarter End Reporting and Analysis of Potential Bad Debt Allowance.
- Maintain SOX Compliance.
- Fulfill all internal and external audit requests.
- Monitor and track the status of accounts receivable balances to ensure that issues are addressed timely and, when necessary, escalated appropriately.
- Manage the professional development of staff including goal setting, coaching, training, and timely performance feedback.
- Ensure the team is cohesive and working well together, and that a high level of customer service is provided and act as escalation point to address operational issues or customer service concerns.
- Effectively manage staffing and workloads to ensure that work is allocated appropriately and that each member of the team has been put in a position for success.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Work with Talent Acquisition to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ a talented and diverse group of high performing employees.
- Coach, mentor and develop employees, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and growth opportunities.
- Empower employees to take ownership of their job and goals. Delegate responsibilities as needed and provide routine constructive feedback on performance.
- Lead employees using a performance management and development focused approach to assist in goal setting, two-way feedback, and performance development planning.
- Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 10+ years Accounts Receivable experience in a multi-company environment.
- 10+ year’s management/leadership experience. Experiences inclusive of developing skilled proficiency in:
- Experience working with legal documents, contracts a plus.
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Proficient in data analytics. Ability to aggregate, manipulate, and automate data
- Data-driven, fact-based, detail oriented approach to analysis and problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present and explain strategies and ideas to influence outcomes.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Ability to engage and motivate a team to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage execution in accordance with stated timelines and expectations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work productively under pressure.
- Great Plains knowledge preferred. Alternative ERP AR system experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge and advanced proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred