About the Role:
Zillow Group is looking for a Senior Manager of Applied Science who combines exceptional technical, research and analytical capabilities to build and lead a team that will be integral to the continued improvement of Zillow Advertising Technology. Zillow Advertising Technology team has the mission to build solutions that deliver dynamic, personalized advertising and experiences to increase each user’s engagement with our brands and drive the efficient growth for Zillow Group. The team will keep our products innovating out in front of our competitive set by staying current on emerging technologies and business strategies in the programmatic ad buying, ad tech and related industry.
As a Senior Manager of Applied Science, you will be responsible for leading a team of scientists and data experts in the design, development, testing and deployment of various advertising products from market mix modeling, search engine monetization, paid social, display advertising to landing page experience. This involves:
- Managing and growing a team of Applied Scientists solving marketing problems including budget optimization, personalized ads, dynamic landing page and etc.
- Developing and managing the long-term vision and portfolio of research initiatives for your team
- Partnering with customers and stakeholders to understand and clarify requirements to creatively solve complex business problems with analytic solutions
- Working with business and software engineering teams to manage the integration of successful models and algorithms in complex, real-time production systems at very large scale
- Recruit, hire, and mentor exceptional Applied Scientists
About the team:
Our Data Science & Engineering Team builds prediction models and big data systems for Zestimates, our personalization engines, computer vision, targeted advertising, and many other cutting-edge analytic products that power Zillow’s industry leading online marketplace. The work we do is at the core of Zillow’s mission to empower the consumer and provide them with the tools to make informed decisions.
Who you are
- PhD in a Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research or related discipline
- 6+ years of professional experience in a quantitative or technical field, including experience working with very large data sets
- 3+ years of professional experience managing applied/machine learning scientists
- Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
- Experience in digital advertising
- Expert in machine-learning algorithms for supervised/unsupervised learning
- Experience hiring, managing and mentoring applied scientists in various levels