The Senior Manager of Application Support is primarily responsible for responsible for leading the team engaged in Tier 2 and 3 application support activities across MGM Resorts International. The incumbent will engage with application and enterprise architecture teams to ensure the best possible resources are leveraged to ensure system availability and reliability 24/7/365.
Ensure the continued availability and efficient operation of all MGM Gaming and Loyalty Marketing applications.
- Lead applications support operations team.
- Implement new operational processes to improve availability and functionality of MGMRI systems.
- Manage incidents, work requests, problem resolution, and change control workflow.
- Manage customers SLA expectations and ensure delivery against committed SLAs.
- Provide a high level of customer service and develop solid partnerships with internal and external customers to attain excellence in customer service.
- Manage a team of employee, contract and consulting resources to ensure adequate support for all assigned IT applications including mission-critical applications for both day-to-day operations and on-call support.
- Assign projects, tasks, and support responsibilities to team members
Ensure the staff is given appropriate training so that depth of support for individual application systems is provided.
- Guide and coach team members to optimum performance and achievement of goals.
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve business issues.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications to ensure they meet specified goals.
- Provide guidance to AD personnel in the use of standard technologies and best practices for the support and development of software applications.
- Ensure that new software integrates into company systems, meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Work with department management to ensure applications conform to standards needed to deliver them efficiently in MGM environment.
- Liaise with company's software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and provide advice based on findings.
- Evaluate proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Compile and maintain inventory of company software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements.
- Review and analyze existing applications' effectiveness and efficiency, and develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Develop and communicate application training and documentation for end users as necessary.
- Develop, distribute, and coordinate end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Ensure supported applications are compliant.
- Performs other work related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least 6 years of information technology experience in a large scale, complex technical environment and application support.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Strong organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Prior experience in application development.
- Prior project management experience.
- Previous experience in a similar resort setting.