JCPenney, one of the nation's largest apparel and home furnishings retailers, combines an expansive footprint of more than 850 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico with a powerful e-commerce site, jcpenney.com, to connect shoppers how, when and where they prefer to shop. At every customer touchpoint, she will get her Penney’s worth of a broad assortment of products from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Powering this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of over 100,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company’s three strategic priorities of strengthening private brands, becoming a world-class Omnichannelretailer and increasing revenue per customer. We're looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization..
The Senior Manager will play a pivotal role within JCPenney’s Stores Innovation Application Development team to support the Customer Care technologyportfolio and implement software development best practices while driving critical planning and execution. The role has responsibility for building out our global team. The ideal candidate will align the business strategy and industry best practices to deliver exceptional results in the quality of Information Technology deliveries for JCPenney.
- Serve as leader within application development reporting into senior leadership
- Oversee the Customer Care portfolio by creating and maintaining a 1 to 3 yeartechnology roadmap
- Responsible for staffing decisions and capacity requirements within the organization
- Responsible for forecasting, reconciling and reporting organization financials
- Manages organization productivity, improvements and performance
- Approves and implements innovation to improve the organization
- Leads actions required for business continuity as required during emergencies
- Responsible for helping to build our Plano and Bangalore teams
- Ensures process and quality standards are achieved within work team
- Serves as escalation point for roadblocks slowing down or impeding meeting objectives
- Responsible for project budgets, software licenses and maintenance
- Responsible for reviews, appraisals and feedback with team managers
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Strong communication (oral and written), action oriented, and strong analytical/problem solving skills
- 15+ years of demonstrated leadership experience in Information Technology with an emphasis on software development, SaaS implementations and vendor management. Must include at least 4 years in development; experience in retaildesired.
- Prior experience at Fortune 500 company
- Demonstrated ability to stay abreast of industry trends, tools and techniques
- Practical experience in leading a technical team to optimize software and hardware in a distributed environment
- Experience with Contact Center and Omni-Channel technologies is a significant benefit