Human Resources Business Partnering, Austin Office – Recruitment Posting
athena’s Talent Management team is focused on building a high-performing company culture comprised of engaged employees who work as one to achieve athena’s mission of making healthcare work as it should. The Human Resources Business Partner acts as a key organizational advisor to management within assigned business divisions. The HR Business Partner will partner with HR and divisional leadership to execute HR strategies, programs and processes that drive performance excellence.
We are seeking an HR Business Partner to support employees based in the Austin office, spanning individual contributors through site leadership. The Austin location is one of athena’s most vibrant and fast-growing Technology hubs encompassing the functions of Engineering, Product Management, and User Experience. We are looking for a highly adaptive individual who will be able to provide site-specific HR support while implementing and enabling centralized talent management programs and practices. This role will report to the Watertown-based Director of Human Resources for this Division. Up to 25% travel is predicted.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops strong business relationships with business and functional leaders and their respective organizations; helps solve business problems and aligns human resources strategies and solutions to produce business results.
- Builds and leverages understanding of the job design, organizational structure and business dynamics of Product organization; makes recommendations to management that enable accomplishment of business goals.
- Collaborates with COEs and enterprise Shared Services to provide best-in-class talent management, organizational development, employee relations and compensation and benefits solutions to the business.
- Executes and builds upon existing performance programs (e.g. talent reviews, appraisal processes) and identifies opportunities to strengthen the status quo.
- Advises the business in establishing clear and enticing internal career paths for their organizations
- Provides developmental coaching and feedback to leaders and people managers.
- Identifies current and future talent development and learning requirements; partners with Learning and Development organizations to incorporate gaps into training programs.
- Partners with the Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers within stakeholder groups to fill open positions with top talent while identifying and escalating appropriate alternatives for hard to fill positions; assists with interview coordination for on-site candidates as needed.
- Aligns with otherHRBP peers team to ensure consistency in practices and strategies.
- Partners with management on employee relations scenarios including ADA, FMLA, and other sensitive situations; conduct investigations as required and advise the business on most effective solution.
- Partners with the Total Rewards team on compensation strategies enabling the organization’s ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Works with HR Operations and Shared Services teams to execute regularly occurring reorganizations and employee changes.
- Facilitates and presents team development presentations, exercises, models, and activities.
- Handles incident management for the entire location; works closely connected to other administrative functions (e.g security, environment) to resolve office-based issues as they arise.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Approximately 7-8years or more of experience gained through increasingly responsible positions within Human Resources
- Working experience in the technology industry preferred.
- Professional HR Certification (PHR, SHRM-CP), Master’s Degree in HR concentration and/or MBA preferred.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Experience with implementing and executing programs in one or more functional areas of the HR discipline-- which may include recruiting, employee relations, performance management, benefits, compensation, training and organizational development—preferably in the technology or professional services industry during a period of rapid growth
- Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match different working styles.
- Ability to provide credible HR guidance to and influence management at all levels
- Collaborates well; builds effective relationships with others to meet shared objectives.
- Capable of working independently in non-headquarter location; familiarity with staying connected across geographies
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to significant matters
- Demonstrated history of exemplary ethics and integrity, including ability to handle and maintain the integrity of confidential information
- Exceptional communication skills, including group presentation and relationship development skills
athenahealth, Inc. is a leading provider of web-based business services for medical groups. athenahealth’s service offerings are based on proprietary web-native practice management and electronic health record (EHR) network, a continuously updated payer knowledge-base, integrated back-office service operations, and automated and live patient communication services.