The Analytics Infrastructure and Insights team is responsible for supporting Wayfair’s open, data-first culture. Data drives every action at Wayfair, and this team makes it useful and personalized to our global community of analysts, scientists, and engineers. We are working on full stack data problems at scale - from building a world-class analytics workbench with tools for orchestration, data discovery, anomaly detection to designing the underlying cloud data platform that enables discovery and analysis for a global company. We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager who is passionate about leveraging technology and leading a team to solve complex problems within the dynamic and rapidly growing E-commerce space.
What You’ll Do
- Own one of our core platform teams and architect solutions at scale to empower a global user base of tens of thousands of data consumers and thousands of data scientists, engineers, and analysts.
- Build relationships with technical leaders and business decision-makers to develop cross functional technology and improve collaboration, decision-making, and influence decisions.
- Own the development and operation of the platform, advocating for best practices to ensure up-time/reliability and a successful platform.
- Build an engaged team and manage the careers of a group of high performing engineers .
- Constantly re-evaluate open-source, marketing, and internal solutions to keep current with industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Contribute to shared toolings and standards to improve the productivity and quality of the broader data infrastructure org.
- Be willing and ready to acquire new skills and knowledge to develop both yourself and your team professionally and personally.
What You Have
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience in DevOps or Data Engineering in a Senior or Technical Lead role
- Prior experience career developing a team of engineers in an Agile environment
- Detailed knowledge of deploying and managing containerized applications, such as on Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience with using cloud database, storage, and services as part of an application (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
Nice to Have
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks like React, Vue, as well as supporting state stores
- Experience with real-time streaming tools and frameworks, such as Kafka, Pubsub, Beam and Flink