Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
What you will be doingUnder the general direction of Corporate Director, the Manager supports, implements and manages Data Warehouse and Data Analytics solutions and implementations that support AmerisourceBergen’s business requirements. This role also performs in a support role to sustain the solution after implementation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and/or assists corporate and/or division MHE Business Intelligence projects with evaluations, cost saving initiatives, designs, implementation plans, testing, training, documentation, delivery / deployment for project software / systems / hardware / equipment and project close out.
- Leads and/or assists the Project Teams and Managers with implementations, design, functional specifications, issue tracking and trending analysis, leading support teams, training, trouble-shooting production and support questions.
- Leads, plans, and promotes change management processes.
- Evaluates business areas for the purpose of defining business needs and priorities and assists the business owner by translating these needs into functional and technical specifications by performing further analysis.
- Assists in developing and/or managing vendor contracts and negotiations associated with software/system/hardware/equipment.
- Keeps all project and management personnel updated in a timely manner with the accurate project, budget and task information.
- Assumes primary responsibility for analysis and documentation of cost-benefit analysis in preparation for business cases for new development projects.
- Develops proposals and evaluations that will provide the most appropriate solutions to solve business needs.
- Coordinates, measures, analyzes, evaluates, plans, communicates and implements projected workflow improvements and cost reductions attributable to new or improved systems, upgrades and refreshes to ensure they are achievable.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of preliminary user requirements as well as, support/modifications and documentation materials for all division systems.
- Participates in requirements inspections and evaluations.
- Assists in the post-implementation analysis to review and evaluate if the requirements were achieved.
- Works closely with corporate/division management and MHE support teams to evaluate, plan, roll out and sustain best practice initiatives.
- Assists in the development and roll out of training programs and materials that will assist the end users and customers in better utilizing new or enhanced applications.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary to support division processing.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)The candidate requires a strong understanding of Data Warehousing and Analytics solutions. Knowledge of WCS (Warehouse Control Systems) solutions is a plus. Normally requires some training in fields such as business, project management, administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year Bachelor's Degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of six (6) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Expertise in RDBMS, Data warehousing & Analytics, experience in design, development, testing, implementation and support of enterprise data warehouse.
- Experienced in developing Data Mapping, Performance Tuning and Identifying Bottlenecks of sources, mappings, targets and sessions.
- Strong understanding of Data Modeling in data warehouse environment such as star schema and snow flake schema.
- Analyzed the existing systems and the business user requirements for tactical and strategic needs.
- Programming skills in SQL Server/Oracle is a must.
- Experienced in Data Integration tools such as Azure Data Factory or Azure Data Lake Storage.
- Experienced in PowerBI in Azure environment.
- Created the ELT architecture and provided strategy related to data cleansing, data quality and data consolidation.
- Experienced with Batch systems scheduling and processing.
- Experienced with Agile Methodology. Scrum Master Certification is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with various levels within the organization (Technical and non-technical resources, external vendors, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate and verify vendor messaging, software/hardware, business problems and apply applications knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management concepts and associated tool usage
- Good interpersonal skills; effective team player
- Ability to write functional and technical specifications
- Demonstrated strong issue resolution, analytical and problem-solving skills, including debugging, vendor data and messaging
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work on several initiatives, production issues, etc. while meeting committed development delivery dates and managing individuals/teams as required
- Ability to prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office suite of products, mainly Word and Excel
- Willing to travel up to 15% for long periods of time, and up to 50% for short periods
What AmerisourceBergen offersWe offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
About AmerisourceBergenAmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Primary LocationUnited States-Ohio-Remote
N State College 500 North State College Blvd Suite 900 Orange 92868
Other LocationsUnited States-Rhode Island-Providence, United States-Kentucky-Louisville, United States-Louisiana-New Orleans, United States-Pennsylvania-Remote, United States-Ohio-Columbus, United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, United States-Michigan-Remote, United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis, United States-North Carolina-Raleigh, United States-Texas-Dallas, United States-California-Orange, United States-Texas-Carrollton, United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States
This position can be located anywhere in the United States
OrganizationDrug Corporate Operations