The senior manager, working closely with FIU Director and the AML Officer, and other FIU partners, is also responsible for ensuring the FIU has the appropriate policies and procedures, sufficient staffing, experience, expertise, and tools to build the FIU’s capacity to proactively conduct timely, special and sophisticated investigations related to suspected money laundering, terrorism finance or other related financial crimes, and provide feedback to key partners based on risks identified investigations conducted, while cultivating analytic trends and typologies unique to payments services and associated with online marketplaces.
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Ability to apply developing AML typologies, analytics, investigative techniques quickly and apply them to FIU AML-focused investigations which may lead to filing suspicious activity reports as required by law.
- Ability to be responsible for AML investigators within the FIU issue and workflow, ensure case determinations are well documented, and provide ongoing quality and performance feedback.
- Team player with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor.
- Proven understanding and experience with BSA laws, regulations and related compliance requirements (including reporting and record retention requirements), international AML/CFT standards such as those promulgated by the Financial Action Task Force, OFAC compliance, and understanding of how changes in those regulations or compliance requirements affect FIU management and eBay.
- Federal Law Enforcement, regulator, FIU, or similar experience in the investigation, research, and documentation of money laundering or terrorist financing or 5-10 years of BSA/AML experience.
- Ability to assist in the prioritization and building of tools needs to conduct analysis, investigations, and crafted related analytics.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with C-suite executives, senior law enforcement officials, and FIU counterparts at eBay and in similar regulated entities.
- Detailed understanding of the risk indicator trends in money laundering, terrorist financing or other related financial crime and the ability to position our processes to ensure we are able to mitigate those risks at eBay.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Analytical, investigative research and documentation skills.
- Ability to draft policies, procedures, and management reports.
- Ability to work with agility in a fast paced, and constantly evolving environment, within time-critical situations.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access) including the use of pivot tables.
- Ability to work on confidential and critical matters with a high degree of integrity and discretion.
- Master's degree in business or related field, law degree, or other widely-recognized banking school.
- A minimum of two years of project management and problem management processes is preferred.
- Experience with BSA transaction monitoring or case management applications and related analytics.
- Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, Financial Crimes Specialist, Certified Fraud Examiner, or related professional certification preferred.