Purpose of Job:
Contributes to the overall success of the Canadian CAMLO Office ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
Provide Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML) Compliance support to the Canadian CAMLO Office including:
- Advising on AML regulatory reporting, specific to Canadian legislative
- Ensuring the stakeholders are kept current on regulatory developments and best practices in respect to Canadian regulatory reporting, and processes/controls are updated accordingly.
- Identifying unacceptable AML risks and collaborating with the appropriate stakeholders to manage and escalate.
Responsible for executing and maintaining AML controls, in respect to the Canadian CAMLO Office, including:
- Responsible for communicating requirements to relevant stakeholders in respect of AML regulatory reporting
- Monitoring and conducting quality assurance on reports submitted to Canadian AML regulators
- Responsible for the review and validation of policy and procedures within Canada in respect to AML regulatory reporting in Canada.
- Engaging in New Initiative Risk Assessments (NIRA) to ensure adequate controls are in place to support AML regulatory reporting
Provide oversight and coordination across the business lines and operational units, in respect to Canadian AML regulatory reporting
Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
The Senior Manager focus is on prevention of potential problems, and when required problem resolution for Canadian CAMLO Office. AML/ATF failures can attract heavy costs and penalties as well as damages to reputation, which in turn may have further financial impact on the Bank.
This role requires a balance between assisting in business objectives while maintaining a clear perception of independence as a control function in the eyes of the regulators.
- Bachelor’s degree (University Degree) with a minimum of 5 years of experience in AML, Compliance and/or Audit capacity in matrix financial institution; or its equivalent in education and years of experience. In addition,
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills with solid organization and time management skills to deal with complex operational issues in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated integrity when working with colleagues and leading others by setting example of required behaviours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to manage difficult conversations.
- Experience in managing complex projects and initiatives across different businesses.
- Extensive experience with case management and analytics reporting.
- High client focus and high risk management focus.
- Proven ability to build strong cross-functional business relationships.
- Proven experience identifying and implementing process enhancements as well as the experience to oversee the resolution of process deficiencies and drive operational efficiency without compromising compliance requirements
- Results oriented, highly motivated with a keen ability to influence others.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Strong knowledge of FINTRAC and OSFI regulatory reporting requirements
- Strong understanding of Bank’s operations, Canadian Banking structure, products, services and operations.
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Limited travel domestically usually pre-planned.
Requisition ID: 20912