Is a member of a world class Advisory team for GBM Canada focused on the Bank of Nova Scotia’s Treasury group in Canada. Ensures business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Participates as part of a world class Advisory team and program that delivers consistently efficient and effective compliance support to the Treasury group in Canada.
- Supports the Director, Advisory and provides ongoing counsel and advice in all compliance matters for the Treasury group in Canada.
- Ensures that the policies and advisory procedures for the Treasury group in Canada reflect, at a minimum, all Canadian legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Supports the development and implementation of Compliance training programs for the Treasury group in Canada designed to meet regulatory requirements or best practices.
- On an ongoing basis, monitors and reports on the state of the compliance program for the Treasury group in Canada through regular meetings with business, compliance and control personnel, the preparation and/or review of management information reporting and internal audit/regulatory review results.
- Assists on specific projects (e.g. special investigations, regulatory initiatives etc.).
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Motivates their team(s) and creates an environment conducive to pursuing effective and efficient operations, while ensuring adequacy, adherence and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls, including obligations related to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, and including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- College Diploma or University Degree
- Minimum of seven or more years of relevant experience, including in asset and pension management, in a large financial institution or established securities or otherfinancial services activity regulatory agency
- General understanding of OSFI guidelines and the principles of prudential regulation.
- General understanding of Canadian regulatory and industry trends with demonstrated skill in translating requirements into efficient and effective, policies, procedures, controls, systems and training
- Enquiring mind, excellent judgment, strategic thinking skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to develop and implement solutions to complex issues
- Ability to learn and adapt to rapidly changing regulatory and business environments
Requisition ID: 21367