At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Senior Manager serves as the lead subject matter expert for prospect analytics. This role would analyze customer online and offline interactions, provide insights on customer behavior, identify improvement opportunities and build a robust infrastructure and process to enable interaction analysis. This role will interact with the channel managers, prioritize work and deliver the final output as needed. This responsibilities of this role requires a significant level of knowledge and expertise in usage of online tools, data collection methods, hands on experience in advance analytics techniques, communication skills and ability to adapt to a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop working relationship with analytic partners to develop an understanding of analytic needs and opportunities for improvement.
- Lead and develop an advanced analytic team that delivers timely and high-quality analyses to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Design, development and implementation of business ad-hoc requests and analytical solutions based on Tableau solutions.
- Ownership on business planning and forecasting process. Enhance the process toimprove accuracy and flexibility to meet channel managers and business requirements.
- Analyze and aggregate information and be able to communicate the information tostakeholders on varying levels of granularity.
- Lead development of reporting infrastructure that would allow users to do first level of analysis.
- Identify and test specific growth/efficiency opportunities that can differentiate our product in the market place and enable long term growth.
- Work closely with the channel managers to develop testing strategies and measurement plans.
- Communicate verbally and in writing insights and strategies in clear, concise and timely manner.
- Desired capabilities include:
- Strategic & analytic orientation: Strategic thought leadership with ability to integrate industry trends, consumer preferences and internal capabilities. A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation.
- Experience in Online & Offline Analytics: Proven experience in analyzing online data – like site-catalyst, DCM and advanced techniques and experience with Python, SQL, Presto and AWS environment
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: Display an intense focus on achieving both short and longterm goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- 8+ years relevant professional experience, preferably in consumer finance industry
- MBA or master's degree in quantitative discipline
- 4+ years' experience managing direct reports (3+ direct report)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present detailed analytical results in verbal or written format
- Strong grasp of financial drivers, experience in managing return on investment objectives.
- Demonstrated excellence of data analysis and SAS, SQL, Tableau, Teradata, Python skills
- Track record of taking personal initiative and driving change
- Strengths in building networks of internal contacts and leveraging positive working relationships to achieve business goals
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- FRM, CFA, SAS, AWS, Apache, Google
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.