The Senior Manager, Ad Sales Finance role is an integral part of the First Run Syndication team. The role reports directly to the VP of Finance with a dotted line to the SVP, Advertising Sales. The Senior Manager is responsible for a hybrid of finance and sales functions, including bi-weekly sales pacings, monthly close, estimate and planning cycles, greenlight analyses and upfront analytics. Close collaboration with research is also required.
- Provide bi-weekly Ad Sales financial pacing reports comparing current estimate to budget, prior year and prior pacing.
- Provide and explain detailed variance explanation in writing and in person to senior leadership.
- Maintain seamless reconciliation and coordination between financial pacing (fiscal calendar) and sales pacing (Broadcast calendar)
- Manage information flow and communication amongst research, sales and finance teams with respect to preparing, maintaining and communicating current financial position of ad sales. Ensure constant synchronization of data (ratings, pricing, mix and pace of business, demand etc.)
- Work with Research on rate cards and ratings
- Prepare all sales estimates for all shows annual budgeting process and Long Range Planning process.
- Prepare monthly financial entries for booking of makegood liability.
- Support finance and ad sales management with proformas and other ad hoc projects as needed
- Mentor and develop talent; role has opportunity to manage a CORE.
- Provide pacing and weekly activity sales reports for upfront and scatter business to senior management on a regular basis. Manage liability by show and stewardship by deals working closely with Ad Sales Planners.
- Work with SVP, Advertising Sales on developing minimums and providing pricing on new deals.
- Advise on Dealmaker’s closing reserve report.
- Coordinate with sales team on managing CFS/CFCA in billing, collections, reconciling cash back and invoice adjustment tracking
- Manage revenue reporting and payments to all represented shows and third party reps
- Implement new rate cards and maintain all aspects of ratings in the Dealmaker system
- Prepare and maintain Upfront rollup and AE Upfront sheets
- Build and maintain competitive tracker
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field
• Minimum 5 years work experience in a finance or accounting related role; Ad Sales experience strongly preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft excel (including pivot tables and macros), familiarity with SAP, Dealmaker and/or BI a plus
• Demonstrated self-starting, detail-oriented team player with experience interacting with senior operational and finance executives
• Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and be effective and decisive under pressure