Provide accounting and advisory support to government contractors in the following areas:
- General ledger analysis and reconciliations
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements and month-end analysis
- Calculation and/or review of indirect rates
- Preparation and review of incurred cost submissions
- Assess and update policies and procedures documentation
- Evaluate business processes and recommend improvement initiatives
- Perform budgeting and cashflow analysis
- Develop estimation at completion (EAC) preparation and analysis
- Preparation of workpapers for auditors
- Assist with contract/project setup and closeout procedures
- Establish credibility as a trusted advisor.
- Manage client relationships with an eye toward identifying and closing on new business opportunities.
- Actively participate in career development activities and technical training of staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 8+ years of accounting and financial reporting in the government contracting industry
- Strong knowledge of
- FAR/DFARS acquisition and procurement regulations
- Cost accounting standards
- Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Forecast and Budget Modeling (Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Headcount)
- Revenue Recognition
- Internal/External Reporting
- Proposal Pricing and Cost Estimating
- Risk/Opportunity Assessment
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting/audit practices, procedures and reporting standards.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% or more.