The Senior Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for leading the Accounting team in both long term strategy and daily operations for SunPower Corporation's Oregon based manufacturing operations (SPMOR) and for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. The Sr. Accounting Manager supervises staff accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including monthly general ledger preparation and account reconciliation, financial reporting, yearend and quarter end review/ audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Sr. Accounting Manager accountabilities include the development, implementation and/or maintenance of accounting systems including: Journal Entries, General ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, intercompany transaction, Cash Flows, etc. in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) policies and procedures. The position will design and deploy operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency. Ensure the integrity, accurate consolidation, analysis and reporting of accounting data, revenue and financial analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and oversee accounting policies and procedures consistent with corporate guidelines.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure internal controls are in place for accurate transaction processing and financial reporting.
- Review, analyze and interpret financial data and reports for local and corporate management.
- Ensure accurate accounting records using ERP and other company systems.
- Manage capital investment and fixed asset accounting, including investment planning and tracking support.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure Payroll and ADP reconciliation tasks are complete.
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual physical count of inventory activities.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Develop, implement and maintain efficient business transaction processes.
- Support and coordinate the financial audit together with corporate and external auditors.
- Manage all cash transactions and maintain security and controls of cash transactions processes.
- Complete corporate reporting packages accurately and on a timely basis and optimize processes for improved reporting.
- Coordinate tax accounting and help with tax compliance issues with corporate Tax team.
- Ensure intercompany transaction reconciliations balance and are completed on a timely basis.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Oversee continuous improvement of accounting systems and processes and the development of the team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of related experience
- Advanced Degree preferred
- OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- Seven to ten years' prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Experience working in a law firm or professional services firm is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and or International Accounting Standards (IFRS) is required.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Experience in the configuration and implementation of financial modules in ERP system. SAP experienced preferred.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in people management skills, specifically building effective and efficient teams, including but not limited to performance management, coaching and career development.
- Proven ability to recruit, train and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives by working in and with cross-functional and multi-cultural teams.
- Preference for entrepreneurial drive and prior experience with new business division launches or high-growth environments.
- Ten key by touch required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required. Personal characteristics should include high energy level; comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities with strong analytical and reasoning abilities
- The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.