Colleagues you’ll love.
A dynamic and collaborative workplace where you can contribute to our story.
Access to over 6,000 free courses for your continuous development and career growth.
Comprehensive benefits from day one.
This is the #YPLife and what working at YP is all about.
About Yellow Pages
We’ve been in the game since 1908 and we continue to transform to offer our 233,500+ clients the best possible products and services.
We foster business relationships between Canadian small-to-medium businesses and their prospective customers. We do this by providing tailored, locally-relevant digital media and marketing solutions designed with both in mind. Over 73% of our revenue is generated by digital solutions.
About Corporate Finance & Corporate Accounting
Our Corporate Finance team is the backbone of our financial operations. From our analysts and treasury staff to risk managers and internal auditors, this is team is a key contributor to our continued success.
About The Role
- Responsible for external reporting, monthly close of books, maintenance and implementation of IFRS accounting standards as well as key contact person with external auditors. This role will report directly to the VP Corporate Controller and Chief Accounting Officer and manage a team of 6.
- Oversee the preparation of statutory financial statements and MD&A along with other statutory requirements (Annual Information Form, Statistics Canada quarterly reports, etc) on a timely manner.
- Coordination of activities with external auditors including oversight of quarter-end reviews and year-end audit by ensuring required documentation are prepared on a timely basis.
- Perform accounting research and prepare position papers supporting accounting positions.
- Implement and monitor the application of corporate accounting policies and internal controls.
- Ensure timely close of monthly results.
- Support VP Controller with accounting of complex transactions.
What We Need
- Requires a CA degree with at least 5years experience in a management position.
- Strong accounting and technical knowledge of accounting rules.
- Strong Team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills given the level of interactions with other departments and external auditors.
- Strong ability to work and deliver under tight deadlines and pressure situations.