AdParlor?s advertising solutions and strategies use deep expertise and unique data-driven approaches to get the best performance from social and video advertising for over half of the Fortune 1000. We work with some of the largest brands and agencies in the world to drive business results from the most valuable digital platforms in the world.
The AdParlor Finance team provides full-service finance solutions and support to the AdParlor business ? including accounting, budgeting, reporting, credit and collections, accounts payable, and treasury services. Our team, reporting to the CFO, is comprised of six finance professionals, split between the Kansas City and Toronto offices.
Why work with us?
- Opportunity for ownership of accounting and treasury processes in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Work with a smart team at an innovative and industry leading company.
- Grow your career and directly impact the business through your efforts.
What will you do?
- Month-End: Manage one Staff Accountant and own monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes, including customer invoicing, journal entries, accounts payable, accrual estimates, subledger administration, deferred revenue, and review of general ledger account reconciliations.
- Treasury: Maintain custody of bank accounts, schedule and approve payments, and administer employee expense reports and company credit card programs; manage cash, assist with forecasting cash needs, and oversee coordination and reporting for credit facility.
- Credit and Collections: Manage one Senior Credit & Collections Analyst and own coordination both internally and externally to collect receivables as soon as possible, with minimal write-offs.
- Financial Reporting and Audit: Prepare GAAPfinancial statements and auditschedules for external auditors during interim and annual procedures; perform technical research and implement new accounting guidance; serve as primary contact for audit requests.
- Capitalized Software: Coordinate with the Product and Engineering team to track and record software development time and monitor assets for impairment.
- Internal Controls: Recommend, implement and maintain financial and accounting policies, procedures, and controls for the Company.
- Internal Coordination: Liaise with sister company for consolidation of results by parent company.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor?s degree or higher in Accounting
- Passing score on all sections of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination
- At least seven years of relevant experience in the accounting profession and a minimum of two years of people management; a combination of public accounting and industry experience is strongly preferred
- General ledgerexperience is required (booking entries, historical research, running reports, etc.) as well as experience in all aspects of performing a financial close and producing complete financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement)
- Track record of thinking critically and embracing technology to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Must be adaptable to change and driven to constantly improve on the status quo; able to quickly learn and master new concepts and skills
- Enthusiastic about the accounting profession; willingness to put in additional effort during peaks in accounting cycles as well as for special projects
- Must be detail-oriented, produce accurate work, and effectively manage deadlines; able to think clearly, analyze quantitatively and qualitatively, and problem-solve to find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial, and technology-driven culture
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form
What will you get?
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k with employer match included, relaxed vacation policy ? employees have freedom to take paid time off as needed.
- Food & Drinks: catered lunch twice a week, free snacks and sodas, beer fridge on site.
- Games: play pool, shuffleboard, basketball, or work out in the building, along with various wellness events and competitions.
- Social: we routinely have social events, both in and out of the office ? check out our Instagram to see more!