As a Senior Manager Accounting you would be responsible for executing your position’s responsibilities in alignment with our Spirit of Service culture and driving company success through performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Responsible for all shared service accounting functions from record to report, review and analysis of financial statements for assigned business units. Manage all general ledger recording and posting, impacting the financial statements, including general accounting, payable, payroll, billing, receivable, cash & credit card and fixed asset. Provide accounting support to various shared services departments.
- Manage, train, mentor, assign/delegate, evaluate and develop assigned direct reports.
- Manage preparation of, review and approve all journal entries posted in PeopleSoft related to all general accounting functions.
- Manage all Fixed Asset function including recording, depreciation to reporting
- Perform variance analysis
- Manage audit requests for corporate accounting
- Manage Annual corporate Rent budget and accounting
- Manage payroll accrual and analysis.
- Manage AR billings related to Corporate Business Units
- Manage Receivable and payment posting
- Manage bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Comply with SOX and internal control
- Liaise with the outsourcing processor for all payable functions and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Liaise with the outsourcing processor for the recording of all payroll and benefits related journal entries and resolve issues
- Review and approve all balance sheet reconciliations related to assigned entities
- Oversee all financial statements related to assigned entities and ensure they are completed by established Financial Services calendar and deadlines.
- Review financial statements integrity and accuracy.
- Continually seek to improve efficiencies by evaluating all processes, policies and systems
- Perform ad-hoc reporting, analysis, and modeling as required
What are we looking for?
Hilton Grand Vacations is a leader in the vacation ownership industry, operating with an unwavering commitment to innovation, quality, and continued growth. At the core of our company’s success are our Team Members. To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- 5-7 years’ experience in SOX, Internal Control, GL, Financial Statements
- 4 plus years management and/or supervisory experience
- Good working knowledge of ERP system preferably Hyperion, PeopleSoft or Oracle Cloud
- Proficient Excel skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and detail oriented
- Master’s Degree
- Ability to read, write and speak Japanese
- Experience in international (Japanese) accounting practices preferred.