Circle is looking for an exceptional Senior Accounting Manager. As a Senior Manager, Accounting you will be managing a team of 1-2 team members. You will be responsible for overseeing the month-end close, assisting in implementing and executing sox controls and overseeing day-to-day operations related to cash and operating expenses. You will also partner with cross-functional team members as we continue to scale the business.
What you'll work on:
- Owning the audits, reviews and compliance requirements for all consolidated and domestic filings.
- Ensuring the domestic accounting team is implementing and maintaining SOX compliance.
- Providing valuable feedback and assisting direct reports in growth of their careers.
- Managing a team of 1-2 people and ensuring timelines are being met on a consistent basis.
- Identifying process improvements and efficiencies for the close ensuring changes are implemented timely.
- Working in collaboration with SEC reporting team, Compliance, & FP&A team.
- Owning the global chart of accounts and ensuring accounts are added as needed to properly report for audit and tax purposes.
- Overseeing the implementation of new accounting softwares including a new ERP.
- Collaborating with FP&A to establish a cohesive budget to process and review between the accounting and FP&A teams.
- Ensuring the accounting team is ready and prepared to account for any new products or initiatives that are launched.
- Other ad-hoc projects as needed.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Minimum of 10 years of accounting experience.
- Big 4 and CPA preferred.
- Direct experience performing detailed and data intensive reconciliations.
- Strong technical accounting skills and be current with regulations and compliance issues.
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative, multi-tasker, and creative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment is extremely important.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and ensure tasks are completed timely.
- High integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.