The Senior Manager, Accounting will primarily beresponsible for the Company’s accounting functions (month-end close, daily cash management, A/P, etc.) and day-to-day management of thefinance functions related to our3rd Party Logistics commercial operations partner. This position will also beresponsible for maintaining the outside relationships with our externalfinancial statementauditors, J-SOX consultants,taxaccountants, banks, and insurance broker. Additionally, this role will handle variousother key initiatives andad-hoc projects including but not limited to compliance with the Sunshine Act,inventory production planning and gross-to-net procedures.
- Manage day-to-day finance operations of the Company's 3rd Party Logistics Service provider, including customer orders, cash collections, receivables, inventory logistics, shipping, product returns, customer set up, credit-holds, and wholesaler information requests.
- Manage accounting staff (A/P, G/L, Payroll)
- Manage month-end close process, including reviewing and approving journal entries and account reconciliations
- Review and ensure accuracy of month end financial statements (TB, B/S, P&L, and Cash Flow)
- Daily cash management, including cash forecasting and banking functions
- Monitor and ensure compliance with evolving accounting guidance. Identify, document and participate in the resolution of significant and complex accounting topics on current and future transactions. Coordinate with external auditors, the legal department and others on accounting topics. Communicate and explain accounting matters and developments to management.
- Develop and implement accounting entries for new or significantly modified transactions/procedures
- Manage quarterly review, annual audit, and JSOXaudits from both external auditors and J-SOX consultants
- Manage federal and state tax filings and annual tax provision, as well as ad hoc tax matters including state licensing.
- Primary Finance department liaison with the Compliance group’s for Sunshine Act obligations
- Collaborate with Controller, Managed Markets, and Marketing to ensure appropriateness of rebates and gross-to-net deductions
- Collaborate with management team in Supply Chain, Commercial Analytics, Marketing, and Trade in order to ensure optimal product inventory production planning
- Ad hoc reporting of current and historical financial data for upper management review used to identify and gauge performance metrics
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field, MBA or advanced degreepreferred, CPApreferred.
- 7-10+ years of progressive experience in accounting and finance preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Solid understanding and application of US GAAP and IFRS financialreporting and internal control compliance requirements.
- Experience with JD Edwards or other large ERP system a plus.