Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
At Cvent, we celebrate, support, and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and also for our customers and users. The Accessibility Specialist will play a key role in that support and commitment to deliver best-in-class accessible products.
The Accessibility Specialist is a member of the Product Management team. In this role, you will work with product managers, UX designers and engineering managers to help elevate the accessibility of the Cvent products. To do so, you will work across the organization, evangelizing accessibility, informing others of best practices, establishing processes to deliver accessible software releases, meeting with clients to understand their unique needs and being the center of knowledge for our accessibility practice.
As the Accessibility Specialist you will:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to accessibility and disability inclusion
- Serve as domain expert in all areas of accessibility standards
- Consult across multiple disciplines on accessibility best practices.
- Evangelize the needs and benefits of accessibility across multiple departments
- Meet with customers to understand their needs and to advocate for Cvent’s accessibility practices
- Present Cvent’s accessibility statement and the supporting efforts of the technical team both internally and externally
- Assist in conducting accessibility audits of UX designs, assisting with accessibility issues
- Assist with user research with customers of all abilities throughout the software lifecycle
- Define success metrics and validate the impact of solutions.
- Partner with product leaders to influence their investments in accessibility
- Support ongoing efforts to enhance our capabilities through training, development, playbooks, and program improvements.
- Be a self-starter, able to independently identify needs, assemble a plan to address those needs and pursue resolutions through established partnerships with other teams
- 7+ years of experience working in an agile-based software development organization, delivering frequent releases to market
- 5+ years of experience in accessibility, advocating on behalf of users with disabilities and working across multiple teams as a subject matter expert
- 3+ years of experience working with assistive technology, such as screen readers, magnification software, switch control devices, text to speech, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of accessibility standards, such as 508, WCAG, ARIA, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience in Computer Science, UX Research, Information Systems Management, or other related fields
- Experience partnering with and collaborating with others to achieve collective goals
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to identify and help solve accessibility-specific technical issues (coding expertise is a plus)
- Familiarity with UX design and processes
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization