Titan America LLC is a leading environmentally and socially progressive heavy building materials company located in the eastern United States. Titan America is a part of the TITAN Group, an independent, multi-regional producer of cement and other related building materials. Our products include cement, construction aggregates, ready-mixed concrete, concrete block and beneficiated fly ash. TITAN Group has a track record of continuous growth since its establishment in 1902. It has expanded its production and distribution operations into 13 countries, employing more than 5,500 people. Our products protect human life and personal property, improve the quality of life, generate economic prosperity and connect society.
Titan America has an opening for a skilled and motivated professional Senior Management Accountant to join our Management Accounting team located at the Corporate Center in Norfolk, Virginia. This salary exempt position will ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Mid-Atlantic Business Unit’s reported financial results while contributing actively to the development and communication of business insights.
- Monthly close process for the Mid-Atlantic Business Unit product lines (cement, ready-mix, fly ash, and/or construction aggregates).
- Active engagement with operating management to understand underlying business issues, ensuring product line financialreports are in compliance with IFRS.
- Technical IFRS research for areas of assigned responsibility.
- Maintenance of requiredbalance sheet account reconciliations and related financial control disciplines.
- Develop new reporting formats that allow operating management teams to quickly identify the drivers of financial performance.
- Participate in regular product line team meetings to understand key initiatives, business issues, and develop relationships with product line team members.
- Prepare and present relevant financial data, as required.
- Contribute to the development of companywide financial policies and procedures and internal controls and implementation within the Mid-Atlantic Business Unit’s product lines.
- Assist Financial Reporting and Business Analytics teams with preparation and review of: Monthly management reporting package including product line financial statements (income statement and balance sheet) and commentary on the underlying reasons for performance.
- Quarterly financialreporting consolidation and supplemental schedules.
- Preparation of schedules and related documents to support external audit processes.
- Coordinate with the Titan America’s Financial Planning and Business Analytics team to ensure consistency of financialreporting, key performance indicators, and financial performance measures.
- Contribute to the development of solutions of identified inconsistencies and the identification of best practices.
- Assist as needed the Financial Reporting team with regular reporting responsibilities to the Parent’s finance function and Titan America management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent capability, required.
- Five to eight years general accounting experience, required, public accounting experience.
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), required.
- Microsoft Office proficiency, especially Excel, required.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints with a large and diverse group of internal customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Can-do attitude and demonstrated experience in working within a team environment.
- MBA, a plus.
- CPA, CMA certification, or equivalent capability, a plus.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) basis, a plus.
- Knowledge of SAP and Hyperion, a plus.
Tracking Code KW18-2016