Position Summary: The Sr. Major Incident Manager for IT and Application Managed Services will lead and oversee restoration of technology services. The Sr. Major Incident Manager is an ambassador for Incident Management and will identify and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders to continually improve the reputation of Secure-24 and Incident Management.
- 3+ years of relevant Major Incident Management experience, 5+ Years of relevant enterprise experience in IT Services/ITSM (Cloud Service Provider experience preferred). Previous Management Experience preferred but not required.
- Experience implementing ITSM, experience with Cloud and Hybrid IT management standards in an IT organization highly recommended
- Bachelor's Degree and Certifications in ITIL, ISO, Lean/Six Sigma, or other relevant standards required. Relevant experience will be considered in leu of a degree
- Possess a high level of integrity, honesty and strong work ethic, with ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a stressful, on-call environment.
- Ability to travel occasionally preferred.
Responsible for driving the restoration of technology services. Ability to respondquickly to incidents and potential incidents reported by co-workers, clients, customers, and representatives of other organizations, regulatory agencies or departments, and deliver communications across the business, 3rd parties, and customers.
- Basic knowledge and understanding ITSM Major Incident Management and Problem Management. Willingness and ability to be the company expert regarding Major Incident Management and the company policies/procedures.
- Fundamental Knowledge of architecture and function of IT systems, applications, network, and infrastructure.
- Previous exposure to ITSM toolsets with a clear understanding of how tools should be used to support incident management process activities.
- Excellent writing, organizational, prioritization and management skills, with a strong attention to detail and time management. Experience with plain language writing or technical writing.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills, interacting appropriately with users of many technical skill levels, remaining calm and courteous while working to resolve problems.
- A fast learner with an inherent ability to understand complex technology solutions and communicate the impact of incidents in both IT and business terms.
- A hands-on individual who is not afraid to roll up sleeves and get into the detail with excellent analytical skills with a commitment to quality standards.
- Strong service attitude; the ability to develop and build lasting customer relationships.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop and Maintain a Skills matrix around agreed Critical Systems for use in Incident Situations
- Responsible for the dynamic and accurate establishment of the incident management team, which is formulated per incident and reports to the incident manager until impact is resolved.
- Engage support teams and facilitate P1/P2 incident restoration activities to reduce negative impacts to customer experience and service level agreements.
- Communicate service disruptions in a timely and easy to understand format for our business and IT stakeholders
- End to end responsibility for the management, communication, escalation, investigation and resolution of incidents, ensuring Business and Customer updates are timely and of sufficient quality, arranging discussions and updates as required.
- Ensure that all modes of communication are effectively used throughout the incident life cycle.
- Acting as Incident escalation focal point, identifying and resolving conflict and bottlenecks.
- Document post incident recovery steps in order to establish Root Cause, aid in Process improvements, identify deviations and to enable creation of a Knowledge Base.
- Creation of agreed action plans with named actions & deadlines. Accountable for the Delivery of that plan.
- Driving, developing and managing the major incident process and associated procedures / systems.
- Providing consolidated production incident metrics to Service Delivery Management along with resolution rates.
- Be an Evangelist for the Incident Management Process
- Educate/train and provide ongoing support to teams on the Major Incident process
- Build and maintain reporting, metrics, KPI's for Major Incident
- Support and promote adherence to IT standards and processes
- Monitor P1/P2 incidents for quality and adherence to standards
- Review P1/P2 incident data for trends and problems and seek opportunities to remediate and reduce frequency of incidents including active engagement with Problem Management
- Support Problem Management with root cause investigation by providing relevant incident details
- Assume other duties as assigned by supervisor