Description: Provides technical support and guidance in the development of program-wide standards and protocols for maintenance operation consulting services as well as the means, methods, and practices to support them.
- Develops and maintains standard measures, processes and performance thresholds for a designated area within maintenance operations consulting services. Reviews means, methods and practices across the program in order to provide technical input, validate consistency within established standards and ensure appropriate KP image is maintained.
- Facilitates communication and sharing of best practices across the program. Provides consulting services to the hubs to include review of practices/plans, technical support, advice on application of standards, advice on scheduled replacement, support for RFPs and contract development and trouble shooting for specific operational issues.
- Provides support to the director for the development and maintenance of a comprehensive productivity and pricing model consistent with internal standards and applicable to the variety of markets and geographic locations in which facilities are to be maintained and supported.
- Develops a program of standards to create national contracting opportunities for utilities, services, supplies and equipment required for efficient operations. Tracks and interprets regulatory requirements related to a designated area of maintenance operation consulting services. Translates, communicates, and implements changes to facilitate compliance. Provides consulting services to customers external to KP to the extent that the engagements bring cost, quality, capability, or knowledge improvements to KP.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressively responsible management experience in one of the following: energy management, environmental services, maintenance and/or biomedical engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in developing project scope for projects and the use of return on investment analysis for project justifications.
- Bachelor's degree, OR four (4) years of experience in engineering, business administration, management engineering or other related discipline.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Extensive knowledge in one of the following: energy management, environmental services, maintenance and/or biomedical engineering in a health care setting.
- In depth knowledge of health facilities.
- Proficient in a variety of software applications including ability to develop, maintain databases.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.