Under the direction of the National Maintenance of Traffic Engineer, you will assist in all elements of maintenance of traffic concept development, design, and construction plan production for large and medium size transportation projects.
- Senior engineer with strong background in preparation and delivery of maintenance of traffic/traffic control plans for major highways (interstate/interchange, intersections, and urban roadways).
- Experience required in design and design-build environments, including post design services (shop drawings, RAIs, field changes, etc.)
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers or drafters.
- Prepares cost and man-hour estimates, job budgets and schedules associated with the MOT element of major projects.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and reports and submits them for approval.
- Conducts or oversees personnel involved in engineering investigations and planning work.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- Requires knowledge of construction means and methods. Constructionexperience desireable.
- Requires knowledge of traffic operations, signing and striping for the purpose of preparing MOT plans.
- May occasionally assist in the management of projects.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering.
- Requires individual with minimum seven (7) years of experience in leading and developing complex MOT plans.
- In-Roads platform knowledge and experiencerequired.
- State DOT experiencerequired
- Strong Microstation and InRoads/OpenRroads experience, AutoCAD and Civil 3Dexperience a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.