Hastings Mutual currently has an opening for a Senior Mainframe Programmer Analyst. The individual in this role will provide effective and efficient mainframe programming skills to support day-to-day company operations as directed. Also, they will take the lead role in analyzing, designing, programming, documenting, testing, and implementing solutions for complex business problems in addition to providing guidance and assistance to programmers and project management skills for IT projects.
Reporting to the Application Development Manager, this role will be based at our Hastings, Michigan corporate headquarters.
- Provide the technical leadership to resolve an end-user request or incident report.
- Assists the business unit in defining requirements for services.
- Designs, documents, and recommend mainframe programming solutions.
- Establishes schedules for analysis, programming, and project completion/implementation.
- Programs, test, debug, and document approved solution using mainframe programming.
- Prepares comprehensive test plans to ensure program performance and efficiency.
- Coordinates user functional testing with appropriate individuals.
- Prepares written documentation to guide the deployment of approved solution throughout the software development cycle.
- Coordinates implementation of approved solution with appropriate individuals.
- Reports progress.
- Provides on-callsupport as necessary.
- Acts as a mentor and technical resource to programmers and programmer analysts.
- Proposes innovative and creative solutions to improve business unit productivity, and/or business results.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experiencerequired.
- At least five years programming experience in a mainframe programming environment.
- Demonstrated ability in coordinating activities, analytical reasoning, logical problem solving, and establishing priorities.
- Job history demonstrating growth and development in technology and business fields.
- Excellent demonstrated communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and take the lead role in assignments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of COBOL programming or related procedural programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of database concepts.
- General knowledge of ZOS facilities and related utilities.