CGI is looking for an experienced Mainframe Developer. As a member of CGI’s Systems Integration and Consulting Practice , you would be responsible for providing professional and effective consulting services to our banking, wealth and investment funds clients.
Skills and Professional Experience
• VSAM, CICS, DB2, JCL, TSO/ISPF, Endevor
• COBOL, MQ, EBX, DB2,
• Background in Information Technology
• Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience
• Adaptable to diverse client environments.
• Minimum 5 years software development experience
• 3-5 years’ experience with webservices
• Various SDLC methodologies including Agile methodologies (XP, Scrum)
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and produce assigned software components according to project timelines and specifications
• Create and conduct software and executable tests, continuously integrating code into the overall software framework
• Review current software to identify defects and opportunities to improve performance and stability
• Maintain and enhance existing software to address strategic business development needs, as well as, to improve the software
• Research technical strategies, third party tools, and current and new technologies to deal with emerging technical issues and improve development efficiency
• Work as part of the geographically distributed team
Financial Services Industry Knowledge
• Familiar with financial services operations and technology, including major platforms, technologies, applications, architectures, business models and internal structures
• Financial services background and / or industry certification (CSC, CPH, CFP, CIBA, ICB or CFA) preferred.
Position ID: J0413-0898