We are looking to add exceptional researchers to the Boston Machine Learning research group. You will have the opportunity to influence real products through leading-edge research. They will also be afforded the freedom to develop new skills, collaborate with academic partners and publish their research.
What will I be accountable for?
Arm Research plays a central role in identifying gaps in current technologies and in conducting world-leading research to fill those gaps. Collaborating closely with product development teams and a large network of external researchers in both industry and academia, and the ability to shape the industry at the early stages of development. You can become a part of a diverse set of skills distributed across the globe, our researchers drive leading-edge innovation in a broad range of areas.
You will join a team whose architecture and systems research activities cover a range of disciplines including mobile and laptop personal computing platforms and applications; server, cloud, and HPC computing; emerging memory technologies; interconnects; design and analysis of security protocols; safe and fault tolerant systems; exploiting parallelism with vector, SIMD, throughput, and multicore architecture; machine learning and computer vision; robotics; and data analytics.
You will specifically be responsible for the following:
- Identifying key machine learning technologies, and resolving how they’ll impact Arm products and partners
- Developing and adapting machine learning algorithms for energy constrained mobile and wearable devices
- Collaborating with Arm product teams to influence new hardware and software IP
- Advancing the state of the art in areas: natural language processing, computer vision, sensor fusion, object tracking, and motion planning
- Prototyping hardware and software solutions
- Attending conferences and collaborating with academic partners
- Reporting and presenting experimental results and research to internal and external organizations
If you have an established track record in one or more of these areas and have proven skills of innovative research with the ability to develop creative research agendas and execute projects successfully, you could be an exceptional fit to join our team.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Ph.D. or Master's degree or equivalent experience in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering with a focus on Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Statistics or a related discipline
- At least 1 years experience in Machine Learning Algorithms
- Proven research experience in industry or academia
- Strong understanding of the mathematical foundations of Machine Learning algorithms
- Strong programming skills (C/C++, Python, and machine learning frameworks)
- Experience in software optimization on CPU/GPU and parallel computing experience (OpenCL/CUDA)
- Some familiarity with computer architecture and hardware design is desirable
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you work towards overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully craft your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same