What we do:
TrendKite is transforming the way the world views earned media - and we’re making life better for PR professionals in the process. Our platform harnesses big data and analytics to easily measure the impact news coverage has on a brand’s reputation, website traffic, and business goals. As a venture backed, high traction startup, we’re disrupting a huge existing market while helping companies like Nike, Google, Delta, SXSW and hundreds more turn PR coverage into real business impact.
The TrendKite team is smart, passionate, and loves the hands-on hard work it takes to build a great company. As a company, we work hard, play hard, and do everything we can to make our customers wildly successful. We're a motivated group with a passion for start-ups and the wild but rewarding ride they entail. Enjoy doing stuff outside of the office?Us too! We celebrate our successes outside of work and take care of our people with solid benefits.
What you'll do at TrendKite:
- Work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with a team of smart, passionate developers, product managers, and designers
- Rapidly iterate on a search and analytics SaaS product with a quickly growing number of users
- Own features and functionality from design through deployment
- Design and develop algorithms, models, and pipelines that power the analytics of earned media based on Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques
- Gain insights using data science techniques, implement models, and engineer services to exploit those insights
What you MUST bring to the table:
- Practical experience at large scale in one or more of the following domains: natural language processing, machine learning, search, information retrieval or text classification
- Solid experience in Java, Python, Scala, or another object-oriented language
- Familiarity with ML/NLP frameworks such as scikit-learn, Weka, Pandas, Mallet, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Theano
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unstructured and dynamic environment
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (We will not sponsor at this time)
Bonus if you have:
- Good understanding of system design, distributed systems, cloud infrastructure, service-oriented solutions, scalable web services
- Familiarity with using clustered computing systems, such as Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark/SparkR, Lucene/ElasticSearch, Storm, etc
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies (Kanban preferred)
How we'll value you as a team member:
- Competitive pay- work hard and we'll take care of you
- Medical, Dental & Vision for you and your family- we help you out with the cost!
- Company paid life insurance - just in case
- Stock Options- we're all owners in the companyEnjoy our vacation policy – there is no policy, balance matters
- Bites and Bytes Fridays - enjoy catered lunch while learning about our company and our industry
- Stay fueled up with snacks, gourmet coffee, fancy beer (two on tap along with cold brew coffee and kombucha) and a stocked fridge and pantry for a quality meal
- Free Parking- worth its weight in gold in downtown Austin
- Celebrate wins with us- we've rented out a theatre for Star Wars, a party boat on Lake Austin, a custom-cocktail bar over the holidays and plenty more
- Results-oriented culture in a casual work environment
- Employee referral program- work alongside people you know are great.