Senior Machine Design Engineer
8 - 10 years experience • Engineering Services
DWFritz Automation, founded in 1973, has experienced rapid growth over the last 5years and continues to grow! Since its inception, DWFritz has been producing brilliant automation solutions for our clients. Today, the market demand for automation combined with our world-class practices and cutting-edge technology places DWFritz on a trajectory to becoming a leading provider in the field of automation. One thing that hasn’t changed at DWFritz is our focus on our core values, such as “Collaborate and Share the Credit,” a value that is deeply engrained in how we work together both in our US and China facilities. Our core value “Find a Better Way” promotes innovation and openness to doing things differently. It’s also the reason we have a company supported incubator program and an in-house lab. Our World Headquarters operates from a modern, state-of-the-art facility located in Wilsonville, Oregon. Our employees enjoy standing desks, a recreation room, a fitness room, and a hearty oatmeal breakfast to start each day. Our spacious lunch room is the venue for weekly All Staff meetings and our frequent “Lunch and Learns.” DWFritz is a wonderful place to work, with unique opportunities to participate in dynamic teams, a strong sense of culture and values, and a growing company. If you are considering a new opportunity we encourage you to check us out.
Your Engineering Team at DWFritz
The Engineering team at DWFritz loves a challenge. In the face of large, complex obstacles, they develop the most interesting and brilliant solutions. They see obstacles as opportunities for learning, adaptation and innovation. The Engineering team was founded on collaboration and there is no shortage of team work, but unique to DWFritz are the opportunities to work autonomously on individual projects as well. Members of this team have diverse backgrounds, come from a variety of industries, and are eager to learn. Working with state of the art technology and world-class customers requires flexibility and communication to produce reliable, brilliant solutions.
Are you ready to work in a dynamic environment where feedback is prompt, collaboration is key, and thinking outside the box is the norm? DWFritz has an exciting new opportunity where you can contribute by demonstrating your excellent problem-solving skills, collaboration skills and concept development skills. We’re looking for a candidate who is excited about taking a project from concept to realization, while solving difficult problems all along the way.
- Develop innovative designs that meet or exceed customer's requirements and expectations.
- Prepare design concepts in a team environment.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates for equipment in the concept stage of development.
- Lead extended design team, monitor and coordinate all aspects of the design process - mechanical layouts, details, assemblies, and control system concepts.
- Select cost effective, reliable design components and coordinate with purchasing for timely delivery.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of accurate bills of materials.
- Provide technical direction and problem resolution during assembly and start-up.
- Design and detail component parts and assemblies to meet the specific needs of each internal department and design intent specifications.
- Create 2D drawings and Bills of Materials (BOMs) for system release.
- Perform Self Check and Peer Review of drawings and BOMs prior to release to ensure accuracy.
- Execute revisions to BOMs and drawings per redlines and feedback from Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Analyze tolerance stacks of assemblies for capability of assembly and fabrication.
- Active member of development team willingness to work withotherinternal and external customers.
- Hands-on involvement and desire to verify fit and function of design intent.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to use CAD systems such as SolidWorks to create drawings highly desired.
- Ability to use PC’S to do conventional word processing, navigate the Internet, and utilize internal systems for drawing access, component tracking, email, etc.
- Ability to perform from oral or handwritten instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Physical capabilities include sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 20 lbs.
Your Education and Experience
- BSME or MSME
- A minimum of 8years of recent machine design and project management experience.
- Familiarity with machine control systems and experiencewith pneumatic systems
- 3D solid modeling CAD expertise (SolidWorks or AutoDesk Inventor) with application of GD&T principles.
Job Type: Full-time
- Timing Diagrams: 3years
- Machine Design: 3years
- CAD Design: 3years