A senior system engineer to design and implement medium access control protocols and related algorithms for a high-speed wireless multimedia network system. Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with senior PHY engineers to lead the networkarchitecture design of Amedia's broadband wireless network system.
- Work closely with hardware/ASIC engineers to define MAC hardware architecture and analyze implementation trade-off
- Support specification and implementation of data, control and other peripheral interfaces that apply Amedia's wireless multimedia solution to a specific application.
- Closely interact with the product development group to incorporate market requirements into system specification and design.
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of the MAC and higher layer design, optimization, and implementation issues.
- Previous MAC architecture design and specification experience with either wired or wireless LAN/PAN technologies such as HiperLAN2, 802.11, or 802.15 is required.
- Ability to lead and perform simulation analysis and supportFPGA/ASIC implementation is required.
- Strong understanding of HDMI, USB or IEEE1394 standards and digital system interfaces including PCI and miniPCI bus.
- Knowledge of MPEG 2/4 and H.264 encoding/decoding solutions is a plus.
- MSEE/ MSCS is required and PhD is preferred.