My client, an established and highly reputable company, offers innovative translation and localization solutions helping global brands to grow and reach audiences around the world in more than 125languages.
The Customer Engineering Lead is the senior engineering role in the production team. The holder of this role must possess technical expertise and a strong level of localization business knowledge.
For a defined set of clients, this individual will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of a localization production program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out production analysis on new lines of business for new or existing clients
- Attend early sales and project planning meetings with client representatives, business and project management owners
- Determine if the content to be localized can be fitted into an existing hybrid production program
- Determine against agreed criteria if the content to be localized is suitable for hybrid delivery
- Craft a production program overview for the new line of business in conjunction with business owners
- Efficiently organize the maintenance, update and development of the software applications (translation environment tools, and translation project management tools) that will enable our client to materialize this vision.
- Define a detailed set of localization production steps
- Inform offshore production and resource planners that a new production requirement is being prepared
- Where training content for any localization production step does not exist, create that training content
- Deliver localization production training to offshore and partner production teams
- Evolve a best practice approach to the creation, maintenance and delivery / distribution of localization production training
- Communicate technical knowledge and resolutions to translators, technical partners, and other members of the project team
- Manage Translation Memory setup and use localization tools standards for each client
- Troubleshoot — Solution of problems that arise in engineering process and compile and improve localized product until it meets quality standards
- Commit to measurable cost savings brought about by efficiencies introduced by you
- Act as mentor and support to offshore production and strategic partner teams
- Craft a quality assurance element for each production program that will measure the quality of deliverables from offshore and partner teams
- Build a method of capturing and reporting quality metrics to the management team
- Measure and report pre-defined cost and savings metrics for the production team
- Develop expertise in agreed program and training development and distribution tools
- Be the escalation point for offshore and partner teams
- Provide the business with informed evaluation data for new localization tools and methodologies
- Develop, drive and manage engineering forums to share information, process, tools, etc.
- Support Project Managers / Functional Managers through projects, initiatives, load balancing, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6+ years Localization engineeringexperience, 3 of which will have been spent in an Engineering Lead role
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent presentation and client facing skills
- Experienced report writer
- Ability to develop and deliver training material
- Takes business ownership for solution
- Good understanding of project budgeting and costing
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree in related area and/or related experience in language or software localization.
- 6+ years of experience in localization to include:
- Engineering (file prep/post processing)
- TM management
- TM server setup, config, maintenance, admin
- eLearning/Multimedia content
- DTP processes
- Translation management systems (TMS) administration * Must have demonstrated mastery in at least three of the following:
- Visual C++
- DITA or similar single-source authoring environment
- Robohelp, Flare, or similar HAT
- SDL TMS
- Wordfast Pro/TranStudio
- Rainbow/Okapi tools