Become a Senior Litigation Attorney at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. As a Senior Attorney in SCE's Law Department, you will play a key role in all legal issues affecting the utility. We need you to represent SCE in state and federal court on litigation matters involving contract disputes, bankruptcy, real property, environmental, insurance, municipalities, and eminent domain.
As a Senior Litigation Attorney, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Practice involves, without limitation, all forms of civil litigation, and alternative dispute resolution, including filing and defending actions up to and including trial/arbitration.
- Practice may also include representation of company interests before state and federal agencies (e.g., the CPUC, FERC, and CalOSHA).
- Advise client organizations in identifying and resolving legal, business and strategic issues related to general business claims and liability.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) from an accredited nationally recognized law school.
- Current member in good standing of the State Bar of CA.
- Nine years’ experience practicing commercial litigation. Your combined experience can be at a law firm, corporate in-house setting, or government agency.
- Top academic credentials desired.
- Experience in the utility or energy industry is preferred, but not required.
- Experience interacting with federal, state, or local agencies.
- Ability to independently handle proceedings as lead attorney in commercial litigation matters.
- First chair-level court experience and/or appellate practice a plus.
- Strategic problem solver with strong analytical ability to provide legal advice within a business context.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage a variety of assignments, work quickly and effectively under pressure, and prioritize activities and risk.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team including ability to promote positive collaboration within the legal team, with other Company personnel, and with outside counsel.