Under direction and supervision of the Vice President, Assistant General Counsel of Litigation, the Senior Paralegal will have responsibility for litigation case management and administration and providing corporate secretarial support for Stericycle's legal entities. The Senior Paralegal will provide administrative and substantive support with respect to litigation facing the company, implement and maintain databases and document repositories for compliance and governance-related documentation and information, and assist in regular reporting of relevant metrics.
Key Job Activities:
- Independently manage the administration of litigation matters from service through resolution, including intake of new matters, outside counsel engagement letters, maintaining litigation case files in Legal Tracker database, calendaring cases, and managing settlement and litigation fee processing.
- Track all litigation matters electronically, including creation and regular reporting of litigation metrics in conjunction with litigation counsel.
- Coordinate document collection for discovery in litigation and in response to third-party subpoenas and litigation, including liaising with internal clients and operations and external counsel.
- Manage legal entities and perform corporate formalities for Stericycle subsidiaries; build and maintain repository of legal entity formalities.
- Support implementation and maintenance of legal entity management system.
- Manage document approval/signature process for corporate documents, contracts, regulatory requirements, and insurance documents, among others.
- Support operations of Legal department
- Provide support for risk management function as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and paralegal certification required.
- Minimum of 7 years working as a Paralegal in a corporate law department with responsibilities and oversight over both litigation and corporate governance matters.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and day-to-day direction over daily tasks.
- Ability to responsibly handle highly confidential and market sensitive information and use sound judgment for disclosure of same to those within corporation with a need to know.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Word, Westlaw, Excel, and Power Point.
- Prior experience with e-billing systems for law firm invoices; prior experience with Legal Tracker (Serengeti) strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with hCue legal entity management system preferred.