***Excellent Career opportunity, offering Full-time employment with Fortune 500 company, our direct and "End Client" … A Global organization!!
*****NO WORK-VISA SPONSORSHIP'S: Our client is unable to assist in any 'Work-Visa' Sponsorship, for now!
Job Title: Senior Linux Systems Analyst with extensive experience in SAP ERP
***2 Positions Open
Location: Bellevue Suburbs, Washington state [Must 'be ONSITE]
Compensation Plan: Base salary/Annum + Profit-Sharing plans + Excellent Benefits + full coverage of Relocation expenses
- Will join company's SAP Linux team, actively participate in administration of the Red Hat/SUSE Linux environments, integration of licensed and/or OEM software packages as well as all strategic and tactical planning of the environment required to meet company's specific business needs.
KEY AREAS Job Duties/Essential Functions:
- Implements and maintains enterprise-class Red Hat/SUSE Linux solutions that support the enterprise SAP Landscape. Designs and implements a toolset that simplifies provisioning and supports on premises and on Azure.
- Works closely with SAP Application teams to create a continuous integration pipeline focused on automation.
- Works closely with SAP Application and Database administrators to standardize and automate deployments.
- Strong scripting language expertise.
- Strong focus on design, build, deployment, security, system hardening and securing services
- Plans and executes major platform software and operating system upgrades and maintenance across a highly virtualized environment.
- Manages the planning, implementation, and upgrade of OEM packages.
- Plans, configures and implements features on the Red Hat/SUSE Linux platforms that improve availability, response time, and monitoring of key system metrics.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Linux team to design and review decision documents.
- Proactively manages system resources to assure maximum system performance and appropriate additional capacity for peak periods and growth.
- Creates and maintains detailed up-to-date technical documentation.
- Provides support to the user community using incident and problem management tools
- Serves as a mentor and provides guidance and training to other team members and I.S. personnel.
- Periodic off-hours work required including weekends and holidays and be able to provide 24 by 7 on-call support as and when necessary.
Required Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications:
- Minimum 9 years of IT experience to include at least 8 years of Red Hat Linux experience in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with orchestration, automation, configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, HCM, ITOM).
- Experienced in working closely with development team to define and optimize a CI/CD pipeline processes.
- Proven ability to perform custom RPM builds.
- Strong Cloud experience in Azure.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or SUSE certification or higher certification or equivalent engineering experience.
- Experience with Satellite, preferably 6.0 and newer.
- Developing and documenting standard operating procedures (SOPs)and best practices in a Technical Repository.
- Demonstrated ability in Systems Management and Administration (applying fixes, loading the OS, creating Gold images, resolving system issues, working with vendors to resolve issues, etc.)
- Proven expertise in Performance Tuning and Capacity Planning.
- Understanding of Configuration Management and Change Management Best Practices.
- Strong experience with services in Enterprise – Active Directory, DNS, Apache, Tomcat.
- Strong understanding of Kerberos, cross-realm authentication and Kerberized services.
- Proven experience reviewing and comparing multiple platform options for a given application and collaborating with appropriate teams to choose the right platform.
- Experience with VMWare and Virtualized environments.
- Working knowledge of Python scripting language.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent formal training and experience.
- Mentor others team members.