Support Linux for APL’s Air and Missile Defense Sector in classified and unclassified environments. This position requires extensive Linux background. Problem solving and self-reliance are critical to success.
Deliver an end-to-end solution from initial concept through finished solution in the areas of automated build, deployment, monitoring and server infrastructure. This role requires someone with customer service skills and an ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve end user issues for Linux workstations and servers. Proactively support hundreds of users and hundreds of servers/workstations.
- Cluster Management - Support the development of solutions to High Performance Computational (HPC).
- Linux System support - This may include troubleshooting Linux Servers and Workstations, performing root cause analysis, modifying configurations including the Atlassian Suite, contributing to Ansible, network analysis, NAS troubleshooting, scripting, monitoring or other tasks as needed. Work with users to resolve Linux related support tickets.
- Configuration Management – Support Manage Linux based services and applications such as Cobbler, Ansible, and others as requested and assist with projects as needed. Will build workstation and servers along with applying security controls and associated documentation.
- Monitoring – Will assist in the configuration and maintenance of monitoring using Greylog, Solarwinds, Nagios, Security Center, Ganglia, as well as others as implemented
- Security - Ensure information technology systems meet security requirements. This includes security, encryption, authentication, PAM, firewalls, logging, auditing, intrusion detection. Prepare for and support security inspections. Work to ensure compliance with security policies, procedures and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 (five) years’ experience working as a Linux Systems Administrator or equivalent relevant discipline with at least 10 (ten) years’ experience as a Linux Systems Administrator.
- Experience with configuration management tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in computer networks, computer hardware, and Linux operating system configuration and operation.
- Ability and desire to work well with a wide variety of end-users with differing needs and experience.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work in a team and independently as well as multi-task effectively.
- Active Secret or Top Secret or ability to obtain Secret clearance and Security +CE Certification.
- Expertise in managing RedHat/CentOS Linux, Solaris.
- Knowledge of classified computer facility operational procedures and NISPOM, DSS, or other DOD security regimes.
- Knowledge of scheduler and resource managers Univa/SGE, Slurm, or Maui/Torque
- Experience with heterogeneous Windows and Linux environments and data center operations including infrastructure, systems monitoring, and computer clusters of 100+ computers.
- Hands-on experience with most of the following enterprise storage technologies: NFS/RAID/ISCSI/ZFS.
- Ability to develop scripts to automate repeatable tasks.
- Proven ability and interest in documenting systems and operational procedures.
- Preference for current security clearance.