We are seeking a Systems Administrator with experience in deploying, configuring, and maintaining large enterprise environments and enterprise management tools for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. In this role the Systems Administrator will work on a team supporting Linux Enterprise Infrastructure including Red Hat Satellite, Ansible Tower, and Identity Management in multiple isolated development environments. The administrator will be expected to team with peers, internal customers, and management to strengthen the consistency and standardization of IT infrastructure through automation and enterprise services to achieve operational excellence and program success. While this position is an individual contributor role, collaboration and strong technical knowledge and skills will be essential attributes.
What You’ll Do:
- Interface with internal customers, program security, and management teams in planning for, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting services and systems.
- Define, Engineer, and Maintain Linux Enterprise Services including Authentication and Configuration Management services.
- Automate the installation, patching, and security compliance of Linux-based servers on physical and virtual platforms in support of program initiatives.
- Execute troubleshooting skills to address stability objectives both reactively and proactively.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Related Bachelor’s and 8 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 14 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate’s, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of experience.
- Related certifications may count towards years of related experience.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Current TS/SCI Security and CI polygraph.
- Certification meeting DoD 8570 compliance.
- Expertise in the following preferred:
- Red Hat Enterprise Administration with Identity Management/FreeIPA and Satellite
- Knowledge of DOD Information Assurance practices and System Accreditation processes including configuring physical and virtual hosts to DISA STIG requirements
- Experience supporting Software and Enterprise Application development environments and technologies including Docker
- Deploy, configure, and maintain RHEL and CentOS Linux systems
- Install and update Software packages from Repositories or local file system
- Manage local users and groups and with active directory integration
- Configure and manage services
- Manage and Configure SELinux and Firewalld
- Linux Troubleshooting
- Must have strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management/project coordination skills.
- Preferred: RHCSA/RHCE Certified
- Preferred: Experience in Scripting Languages (Python, Ruby, Bash), Database Applications, Docker, VMware Virtualization Products, Real Time Kernels, MacAfee Antivirus, and VEEAM.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.