The Senior Linux Systems Administrator will be responsible for infrastructure and application support in multiple 24x7 ecommerce environment. This position includes integrating with cross platform development teams and demonstrating proactive approach in maintaining and monitoring the company's production environments. Within this role you will architect, design, install, configure and optimize enterprise computer systems and networks in a Linux based environment.
- Routine systems administrative functions to maintain customer-facing servers and infrastructure
- Recommending, designing, and implementing systems management and automation systems
- Designing, configuring and tuning high availability Linux systems
- Participating in product deployments, upgrades and maintenance
- Maintaining the patch levels of all OS and application patches on all systems using automated systems
- Managing technical projects ensuring best-practices, quality of work and meeting of deadlines
- Installing, configuring, and managing networkrouters, switches, load balancers, firewalls, IPS, VPN, console servers, and othernetwork devices
- Network administration
- At least 4years of Linux system administration experience (RHEL/CENTOS)
- At least two years experience as DevOps
- At least three experience with managing services in infrastructure with AWS.
- Experience with automation/configuration management – preferably Chef and Jenkins
- Previous experience building tools and frameworks to automate complex processes
- Strong grasp of web technologies and architectural principles necessary for designing scalable, extensible and maintainable web applications and services
- Strong scripting skills with experience in Python, Ruby, Bash or otherscriptinglanguage