We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under general supervision, provides design and installation guidelines for Linux based architecture.
- Create configuration and build documents for meeting minimum security requirements for Linux software installations.
- Assesses and resolves server and network issues escalated to level 3 via incident management process and by utilizing appropriate vendor and site contacts as necessary.
- Acts as a technical resource, providing guidance to infrastructure and applications support functions.
- Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in an IT related discipline or equivalent related work experience and 4 - 6 years Linux systems administration experience in a corporate IT environment.
- Provide Linux & cloud server design, implementation, and support recommendations to information technology partners and IT leadership with an emphasis on data security, availability, integrity, and optimal performance.
- Proficient in CentOS, Oracle Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x/8.x systems. Deliver operational and administrative mentorship to IT Systems Administrators in support of critical production systems.
- Develop standard practices to ensure SOX compliance
- Integrate systems with Active Directory and Multifactor Authentication Schemes.
- Validates new Linux based architecture solutions prior to adding to the production environment and standardizes operational support of new infrastructure solutions. This includes performance testing new hardware infrastructure prior to implementation.
- Applies systems analysis techniques to resolve server break/fix incidents escalated through the Incident Management system or through monitoring, working with vendors and site contacts when required.
- Performs capacity planning, disk and file optimization, and performance tuning.
- Requests and reviews quotes from vendors for new infrastructure based on capacity forecasts.
- Performs routine audits of server builds by peers and other job roles in this family.
- Ensures proper change management procedures are followed when implementing change within the enterprise environment.
- Leads Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigations on critical incidents and prepares recommendations based on analysis.
- Define and implement automated system installation/configuration procedures; Implement and use Terraform and ADO; Implement and use Ansible and/or Chef for configuration management and security compliance.
- Utilize strong scripting, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
Level of Responsibility
- Collaborating with peers for overall design of Infrastructure solutions.
- Role is 100% responsible for assigned duties.
- Will be under direct supervision of the Infrastructure Design manager for any issues, concerns and performance reviews.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1), their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Senior Linux System Administrator and Lead Linux Systems Administrator roles.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.