Senior Linux Engineer
Our client is one of the world’s leading quantitativetrading firms. They are currently looking for an excellent Linux/Unix Engineer in New York.
You are an experienced Linux Engineer with an architect’s mindset, looking to engineer a structural solution to high-level problems. You are drawn by the idea of building systematic solutions in a new, high-performing development team within one of the world’s leading trading firms and finding solutions to next-generation development challenges within cloud-based environments.
- Build an in-house, centralized infrastructure application environment for managing authentication, configuration and directory management.
- Architect a large-scale, multi-user R&D environment using cloud technologies (Kubernetes, Docker), and manage a hybrid cloud model using current public/private offering
- Design and develop solutions for logging, monitoring and metering cloud infrastructure
- Develop a reliable, multi-petabyte cloud storage solution
- Collaborate with internal trading teams and business partners to migrate existing workloads into the hybrid cloud environment
- Must have significant experience with Kubernetes, Docker and private cloud environments
- Excellent (5 or more years) Linux skills
- Good knowledge of configuration tools such as Salt
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or a related field is required
- Fluency in a scriptinglanguage like Python, Ruby or Bash
- Experience with Web Services and REST API
- Experience interfacing with public cloud solution providers like GCE, AWS or Azure
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure automation via DevOps scripts (Shell, Python, SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet etc)
- Experience with clustered storage solutions (IBM GPFS, Quobyte, Ceph etc)
- Experience with HTC/HPC computing technologies (Spark, SLURM, Mesos, HTCondor or GridEngine)
- Previous experience building and maintaining a large-scale computer environment